wanted somewhere convenient and after much research, Cititel is very convenient located right in Georgetown. The room is rather spacious and i have partial seaview (though it is not right beside the beach), the corridor to the hotel room is rather dim though.
just opposite the hotel, there is the RED food centre and open on 7pm till midnight. they have live band performance from 9pm onwards, and even show girl entertainment from 11pm. I was there one of the night and it is so packed even till midnight, even better than the dinner crowd.
To major shopping mall, is quite a distance of about 20 mins and it is also very close to the night bar alley.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport, 5 minutes drive to Penang Ferry terminal, 5-10 minutes walk to nearby tourist attractions such as street arts and UNESCO heritage trails, 15-minutes walk to Chowrasta market and Mydin Hypermarket, 20-minutes walk to Komtar/Prangin Mall/1st Avenue Mall, 20-minutes walk to Esplanade/Beach Street and the Red Garden Hawker Centre is located just opposite the hotel. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town