Well where to start... This place is great in every way, I spent 4 weeks in Penang and stayed at cititel for 3 of 4. I just loved this place and regret having gone to gurney drive to try something different, it was a huge let down as the service I received at cititel was hard to beat. Ok on check in the staff were prompt and new about my minor requests which made me feel good from the start, without asking got a free upgrade from superior to delux room on the 17th floor overlooking the sea. Fantastic room fully equipped and serviced every day even late in the afternoon as some time we did not go out till 4-5 ish in the afternoon, I guess we felt comfy and just went for food. Breakfast was awesome and heaps of stuff to choose from and all of it was fresh and good looking too, room service was fast and great on the off night we did not wanna go out. The pool is small but clean and the dome reflects a green light which makes it kinda cool also good jacuzzi strong and in working order and the sauna was on which was great! The room was great, clean and big comfy bed with good pillows and even in the smoking room the carpet smelt good!!! The lobby staff were great helpfully and smiling all the time even when busy they still found the time to nod or say a quick hello, this in my opinion is very important as you feel welcomed and not a hassle to them. Did I mention the fresh flowers in the lobby with lit candles at night made it great for photos and good atmosphere. The cocktail lounge just above the lobby was a great place to relax and enjoy some of the best service from two great people always happy and ready to help in every way from suggesting some new cocktails to changing the music to accommodate the mood, I will miss these two as I spent a bit of time and got to know them both. On my return to cititel after having gone to langkawi I asked for something special in the room as I was planing to get engaged to my girlfriend once again got free upgrade to 19th floor delux room and found a beautiful bunch of fresh red roses in the room, now that is what I call taking care of the customers needs and my girlfriend was very impressed!!! Thank you cititel and whoever made it happen. Ok so I asked for them but in langkawi nothing in gurney drive nothing at cititel no hassle just perfect. We tried the Japanese restaurant for the special engagement night and the table was decorated with rose petals and the food was to die for, good value for money fantastic setting and great service, thanks to the staff we have heaps of photos of a very special night and won't forget the night as it was perfect in every way and I got a YES from the love of my life... The worst part about cititel was leaving the place as I can truly say its my new home away from home and can't wait to go back. Location as mentioned by everyone is fantastic, shops everywhere komtar walking distance little India just there food outside the door but my favorite was red garden as I made friends with a few of the food vendors and staff and received great service there too!!! Once again I highly recommend cititel and would defenetly go back. THANK YOU TO ALL THE STAFF FOR MAKING MY STAY ONE THAT I WILL NOT FORGET !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport, 5 minutes drive to Penang Ferry terminal, 5-10 minutes walk to nearby tourist attractions such as street arts and UNESCO heritage trails, 15-minutes walk to Chowrasta market and Mydin Hypermarket, 20-minutes walk to Komtar/Prangin Mall/1st Avenue Mall, 20-minutes walk to Esplanade/Beach Street and the Red Garden Hawker Centre is located just opposite the hotel. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town