We took a taxi from the Penang International Airport to the hotel (about 45 minutes) using coupon system, with the cost of RM45. The check-in/out processes were smooth.
Once we arrived in the afternoon, we were greeted by the staffs. They were polite and helpful. They took the effort in helping us to weigh our luggage prior heading to the airport.
Our non-smoking room request was granted with the sea view at 8th floor. The superior room was clean and fitted with wireless broadband internet access (complimentary use for two devices). The facilities stated in the hotel website for this room type were provided. Room access key is required when we enter the lift for security purpose.
The pocket-sized map in the hotel (courtesy of 1st Avenue Mall Penang) is very informative and easy-to-use. The location is good (Penang Road/Jalan Penang) since it is within walking distance to the Red Garden food court and for other local street food. The hotel is also near to the murals made famous by Ernest Zacharevic. We took a trishaw ride (RM40 per hour) to visit around the town. Georgetown is well-preserved for its historical and cultural values.
In short, strategically located hotel and satisfactory service by the staffs. Indeed, we enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport, 5 minutes drive to Penang Ferry terminal, 5-10 minutes walk to nearby tourist attractions such as street arts and UNESCO heritage trails, 15-minutes walk to Chowrasta market and Mydin Hypermarket, 20-minutes walk to Komtar/Prangin Mall/1st Avenue Mall, 20-minutes walk to Esplanade/Beach Street and the Red Garden Hawker Centre is located just opposite the hotel. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town