We reached the hotel around 1:30 pm local time, which is earlier than advertised check-in time but they allowed us to check in anyway. We booked the deluxe room through Agoda which has mentioned about having breakfast bundled but when we check-in at the hotel, they did not mention anything about the breakfast at all. Since we are pretty familiar with Penang, we didn't bother to ask about it as we prefer to have our breakfast outside after all. We drove around the island during the day, and when we reached the hotel at night, we found that the parking is terribly congested. There is almost no place to park at all, due to some company's dinner at the hotel, and we have to let loose the handbrake when double-parking so that the parking attendant can push the car themselves. They really should expand the parking if possible. The hotel location is near to the famous mural paintings around Georgetown, some within walking distance but some others will need bicycle for sure. There are a few good place to eat within walking distance, the famous Nasi Kandar, the morning market in Jln Penang, plenty of 24 hours mini-mart as well, I guess this is the best we can get in Penang. WiFi is complimentary for the room guest? I am not sure as we received a code to use the wifi as soon as we check-in. 2 bottles of water is given daily which is well below daily consumption for 2 person, I would suggest hotels to give more complimentary water if more than 1 person is staying in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport, 5 minutes drive to Penang Ferry terminal, 5-10 minutes walk to nearby tourist attractions such as street arts and UNESCO heritage trails, 15-minutes walk to Chowrasta market and Mydin Hypermarket, 20-minutes walk to Komtar/Prangin Mall/1st Avenue Mall, 20-minutes walk to Esplanade/Beach Street and the Red Garden Hawker Centre is located just opposite the hotel. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town