To be honest, I did not have a problem with this hotel until the end when I checked out.
Location was good.
Hotel is a bit old and outdated, but I suppose it is still clean and well maintained.
Mattress was a bit hard for my liking.
The aircon was a bit weak at night, and when you turn on the room fan - it becomes too cold.
I had no major complaints, till I checked out.
There were 2 staff at reception.
One male Chinese, pretending to do work on his computer.
One female Chinese, serving customers alone.
A line formed up, and the Chinese male staff pretended / ignored the people queue up in front of him. He simply ignored them without telling them not to queue, till the guests got fed up and left the queue.
These people then decided to cut in front of me (served by the Chinese female).
When I complained, the male Chinese staff simply shrugged and walked off leaving the Chinese lady to serve the line by herself.
Fortunately at that point, a female Chinese supervisor came out and immediately served me.
Unfortunately - the experience left a bitter taste in my mouth, and I will never return to any Cititel hotel. Never.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport, 5 minutes drive to Penang Ferry terminal, 5-10 minutes walk to nearby tourist attractions such as street arts and UNESCO heritage trails, 15-minutes walk to Chowrasta market and Mydin Hypermarket, 20-minutes walk to Komtar/Prangin Mall/1st Avenue Mall, 20-minutes walk to Esplanade/Beach Street and the Red Garden Hawker Centre is located just opposite the hotel. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotel.de, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town