Cititel has always being my first choice every time I am in Penang. In fact, this was my 3rd stay in the last 2 years. The experience for the first 2 times was fantastic. Location was good and services, from check-in, housekeeping to concierge were excellent.
My latest stay over the new year was equally good. Hosekeeping and counter staff were great. The disappointment this time came from one of the concierge staff who tried really hard to get us to book services from the travel and transport counter setup by some external agent in the hotel and in the process provided distorted facts and information. Our question to him was only on where to take certain public bus service.
Then came my time to depart for the airport. I walked out of the hotel lobby and came the staff of this external agent asking if I want taxi (mind you, theirs is not providing taxi but chauffered car). I said yes and asked how much. When I said too expensive, the attitude changed instantly and said "it was only 10 ringgits more" and said if I want a normal taxi, I would have to cross the road to the taxi queue. During this period, no concierge staff of the hotel was around to assist. So my wife and I have to drag our luggages across a really busy road to get our taxi. How mecenary can this be! Having said the above, I still must qualified that the other concierge staff were still fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport, 5 minutes drive to Penang Ferry terminal, 5-10 minutes walk to nearby tourist attractions such as street arts and UNESCO heritage trails, 15-minutes walk to Chowrasta market and Mydin Hypermarket, 20-minutes walk to Komtar/Prangin Mall/1st Avenue Mall, 20-minutes walk to Esplanade/Beach Street and the Red Garden Hawker Centre is located just opposite the hotel. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town