This hotel is mid range price and rooms are a bit small. Place is clean and tidy and centrally located. No need to have breakfast in the hotel as it is surrounded by eating shops serving every imaginable food. There was no safe in the room but free security box downstairs. I needed a business centre and this hotel has closed theirs but the staff could not have been more helpful sending me up to the executive offices for scanning and email services. Only negative is the crowded cramped car parking and the tedious having to log on to the free wi-fi all the time.
However make no mistake I normally stay here, good location and reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Along bustling Upper Penang Road, in the heart of George Town. Easy access to commercial and government offices, 30 minutes by car from Penang International Airport, 5 minutes drive to Penang Ferry terminal, 5-10 minutes walk to nearby tourist attractions such as street arts and UNESCO heritage trails, 15-minutes walk to Chowrasta market and Mydin Hypermarket, 20-minutes walk to Komtar/Prangin Mall/1st Avenue Mall, 20-minutes walk to Esplanade/Beach Street and the Red Garden Hawker Centre is located just opposite the hotel. 451 comfortably furnished rooms inclusive of executive rooms, broadband internet, LCD TV, long bath, bidet, electronic safe in selected categories, coffee/tea making facilities, mini fridge, satellite TV and in-house movies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotel.de, Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cititel Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cititel Penang Georgetown
- Cititel Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Cititel Penang George Town