Let's start with the pros. The hotel is located on Gurney Drive, where you are just within walking distance to a number of big shopping malls and various hawker stalls. You can also walk along the sea on the pedestrian walkway, which is a very pleasant walk in the mornings and evenings. We got a room on the higher floors and facing the sea, which provided great views.
However during our stay, one of the elevators broke down and it was not fixed by the time we checked out. This meant that we were waiting on average 10-15 minutes to get down or up the hotel, which can be quite frustrating at times. We would have expected such issues to be resolved as soon as possible by the hotel, especially as it was during the peak holiday season.
The room was decent and comfortable. We are not as bothered by the old furniture as some of the other reviews. The water pressure in the shower was good. One thing to highlight is that the walls of the rooms are not that thick. We could hear kids talking and shouting from the neighbouring rooms and outside the corridors.
If you are looking for convenience and will not be staying in your room for long periods, then this hotel is for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brimming with matchless elegance, top-notch provisions, and cordial, genuine service, The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences in George Town, Penang, Malaysia truly stands out among the multitude of hotels in the locale. We invite you to bask in well-appointed suites replete with essential amenities, such as free Wi-Fi Internet access, cable TV, and a private bath with jacuzzi. Business travelers can use spacious and well-lit conference halls, while holidaymakers can have a relaxing time in our restaurant, pool, and spa. Sitting along the tourist belt of Gurney Drive, adjacent to the Central Business District, our 4-star resort is a few kilometers from the airport and ferry terminal. It also enjoys an address with easy access to shopping centers, like the Gurney Plaza, Gurney Paragon, and Batu Ferringhi night market. Moreover, it is just a short drive away from several tourist attractions, such as the Kek Lok Si Temple, Penang Bird Park, and Snake Temple. With these wonderful features, The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences in Penang truly is the preferred luxurious accommodation for any occasion at anytime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gurney Resort Hotel And Residences
- Gurney Hotel Penang
- Gurney Hotel Malaysia
- The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences Penang George Town