Been there took up 10rooms
- great location with nice sea view
- huge rooms
Not so good stuff
- you may have to take the stairs during peak hours or weekends. The elevator extremely slow. I ran down by stairs as others we were waiting for me at the lobby. Kinda freaky being the only lady in the emergency stairways. I waited for a good 20mins at the lift lobby.
- rooms are outdated
- breakfast so so
- couldn't get breakfast vouchers upon check in. Staff was too busy to write room numbers and names into 20pieces of vouchers. had to approach front office 3 times for our breakfast vouchers, which then was troublesome for me. I had to ring on all other 9 rooms to pass the vouchers. To do so, again, I had to save time by taking the stairs. Lift just doesn't arrive. Vouchers for breakfast??? Really outdated..... Just print a list of room numbers, guest can just mention room numbers at the restaurant. Please consider.
- upon room bookings, I have informed the reservation office that I need all 10 cars to be parked at the hotel entrance. Somehow they agreed for all, but upon arrival, we were all scattered and staff discussing among themselves on how to arrange. Couldn't wait, some of us parked by the road, public car parks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brimming with matchless elegance, top-notch provisions, and cordial, genuine service, The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences in George Town, Penang, Malaysia truly stands out among the multitude of hotels in the locale. We invite you to bask in well-appointed suites replete with essential amenities, such as free Wi-Fi Internet access, cable TV, and a private bath with jacuzzi. Business travelers can use spacious and well-lit conference halls, while holidaymakers can have a relaxing time in our restaurant, pool, and spa. Sitting along the tourist belt of Gurney Drive, adjacent to the Central Business District, our 4-star resort is a few kilometers from the airport and ferry terminal. It also enjoys an address with easy access to shopping centers, like the Gurney Plaza, Gurney Paragon, and Batu Ferringhi night market. Moreover, it is just a short drive away from several tourist attractions, such as the Kek Lok Si Temple, Penang Bird Park, and Snake Temple. With these wonderful features, The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences in Penang truly is the preferred luxurious accommodation for any occasion at anytime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Booking.com so you can book your The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gurney Resort Hotel And Residences
- Gurney Hotel Penang
- Gurney Hotel Malaysia
- The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences Penang/George Town