Stayed a night recently with my family as we wanted to come here one day earlier before our 4D3N Penang-Phuket-Krabi-Penang cruise on 'Libra'. We have stayed here many times for the last few years reason being it has fantastic location and the two bedroom apartment is just nice to accomodate us. But this time it really disappointed me a lot.
We were given the unit at 18 floor this time (not facing pool). This unit really need some repair and refurbishment.
1) The carpet floor right next to the shower always wet due to the water flow from the leaking shower screen edges.
2) The sofa at the living area need replacement as it sunk when we sit on it. Imagine the arm rest is so high that (due to the seat sunk so much) you can't really rest your arm.
3) The safe is not working. Did not complain due to the short stay.
4) Air-cond in the master bedroom leaking water after switched on for a while.
5) The whole floor power failure at night about 9p.m.for about 10 minutes. Came back on after reset. The technician came to reset and suspected "air-cond unit failure/shorted causing the tripped"
6) Only one towel given per bath room(2 bathrooms). Two bedroom apartment only 2 towels given, they got to be joking right?!! Oh yeah, no hand towel given also, have to request to get them sent over.
7) Moldy shower area.
8) Not so friendly staff. Maybe due to school holiday, too crowded. But no excuse, frontliners have to smile and greet people. Did not see much of that this time around.
9) No iron in the room but iron board was there. Need to request again.
Hope the hotel will improve in the immediate future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brimming with matchless elegance, top-notch provisions, and cordial, genuine service, The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences in George Town, Penang, Malaysia truly stands out among the multitude of hotels in the locale. We invite you to bask in well-appointed suites replete with essential amenities, such as free Wi-Fi Internet access, cable TV, and a private bath with jacuzzi. Business travelers can use spacious and well-lit conference halls, while holidaymakers can have a relaxing time in our restaurant, pool, and spa. Sitting along the tourist belt of Gurney Drive, adjacent to the Central Business District, our 4-star resort is a few kilometers from the airport and ferry terminal. It also enjoys an address with easy access to shopping centers, like the Gurney Plaza, Gurney Paragon, and Batu Ferringhi night market. Moreover, it is just a short drive away from several tourist attractions, such as the Kek Lok Si Temple, Penang Bird Park, and Snake Temple. With these wonderful features, The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences in Penang truly is the preferred luxurious accommodation for any occasion at anytime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gurney Resort Hotel And Residences
- Gurney Hotel Penang
- Gurney Hotel Malaysia
- The Gurney Resort Hotel & Residences Penang/George Town