I am with my sister and her friends stayed here for 1 night only. Our target is to get a budget hotel near to her training place (my sister and her friends are coming for one day training on the next day). Since I am from Penang, so transportation is not a problem for us.
- We stayed at Deluxe Room ( with 2 double bed), with clean bathroom. The toilet is working except the flush that will continue flushing until you un-flushed it (you have to manually pull back the flush). Shower foam + shampoo provided (2 in one) but I suggest your bring your own because your hair will tangled after use this shampoo.
- The room is also clean, I am OK with it. It was a bit tiny, but if you travel light, I think you'll be OK.
- The staff is OK but for some reason, is not so friendly that day. The front table will be left empty after midnight.
- Breakfast which is OK for me, 1 parking space for 1 room. If happen you bring 2 cars, the second car will need to pay RM15 ringgit (I parked for half day, I think this amount applied to full day parking). Make sure that you get stamp from the front table to get this 2nd parking space with this amount, or else, you have to pay around RM4 per hour.
- Just opposite of this hotel, there is one mamak restaurant that I believe open 24 hours. Convenient store at ground floor, outside of this hotel.
- If you want to try the trishaw (beca), there are line-up in front of this hotel.
- Some 10 minutes by car, u can reach Padang Kota Lama (i think you can also reach here by trishaw, or if you wish - walk), where you can have Penang Pasembor here.
- Gurney drive / plaza is around 10-15 minutes drive (I am slow driver)
- Pasar Malam (Night Market) Batu Feringghi is around 20-30 minutes drive.
Since I am staying here for 1 night only, I guess there is not much to say. It is not so grand hotel, but it suit my budget. If I were to stay in any hotel in Penang again, this hotel wont be the last choice.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Malaysia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malaysia Hotel Georgetown
- Malaysia Georgetown
- Hotel Malaysia Penang/George Town