“Outstanding Italian Restaurant on Penang Island”
Review of Via Pre

Via Pre
Ranked #40 of 949 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This restaurant has all the freshness of any restaurant in Italy. The pizza has fresh tomato sauce and an ultra thin base cooked to perfection in a wood fired oven....Bellisimo.
Spaghetti Aglio Olio and Spaghetti Aglio Olio Tutto Mare were cooked al dente..... Perfetto
Very good Italian wine selection and we drank an excellent Prosecco with our meals along with the obligatory San Pellegrino acqua minerale.
Selection of Dolce and Caffe was excellent, Service attentive and Ambience very good.
The restaurant also has a deli featuring many assorted cold meats and cheeses and having constant turnover in the restaurant you can be assured it is always fresh.
I will return constantly because I live here........OUTSTANDING.
Buon Appetit !

1  Thank John E
There are newer reviews for Via Pre

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I came here for a Valentine's dinner with my fiancé. We had just got engaged that day and the staff were extremely welcoming and very happy for us! We received a free glass of champagne as well as receiving outstanding service with awesome views over the water of Georgetown. Romantic setting, courteous and efficient staff and delicious, genuine Italian food. We couldn't believe it when we got the bill - excellent value! Cannot recommend this place highly enough :-)

1  Thank LubyL0u
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Found the place on Tripadvisor and decided to go there for dinner. A bit hard to find. It is nearly opposite the ferry to the mainland.
An excellent restaurant that I can recommend to everybody! The food was very good, great service, large choice of very good wines and all in a very nice ambiance. Next time in Penang for sure we will visit again!

1  Thank Femke B
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great food..really italian restaurant ! Staff friendly and nice to talk with themI enjoyed iwith them almost my dinner .
In my hotel conierge told me it was one of th best italian restaurant in Penang and it was!
Food is amaizing and i'll be back there next three months.

1  Thank LukeDW D
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stumbled across this restaurant which is set in an old warehouse .
Fantastic pizza and deserts. Good ambiance.
Happy to recommend.