Stayed at the Red Inn Court for 1 night in one of their Superior Double Rooms with Private Bath (~110 MYR), overall, not impressed by the place.
Red Inn Court gives you a really authentic feel, on one hand the ambiance is nice, wooden furnishings in the main area and a nice common area to relax in, but for the price the double room is far too expensive.
A few of the things that we didn’t enjoy…
- Old and worn furnishings
- Spiders and mosquitos in the room
- Toilet did not function well
- Room key did not work
- Shower is not separated from the rest of the bathroom
- Stairs up are steep, hard to carry luggage
I suspect that the price for a dorm is far more appropriate for what you get. Staff is okay, though not trained in how to provide service (the cleaner is a nice guy – large Filipino man).
Breakfast is average, enough to get us going in the morning and lots of fresh fruits, and wifi is okay – though a bit slow at times. The one big plus to this hotel/hostel is the location, it is very well located near the attractions and key areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- " A Heritage Experience for the Weary Traveler" Red Inn Court is a boutique eco-guesthouse centrally located in Georgetown, Penang, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. "Every stay becomes a memorable experience" characterises the hospitality one can expect from Red Inn Court. Your stay will be infused within an oasis of myriad cultural experiences that make up our heritage. Use our guesthouse as the starting point to a day of exploration. Many of Penang's prime heritage attractions are only minutes away. Little India is right behind us & the 200-year old Goddess of Mercy Temple is across the road from us. After a long day's walkabout, return to the warmth among friends and little home conveniences. We offer free Wi-Fi, free breakfast, free use of Internet PCs, a kitchenette, a Lanna area, in-house movies, free flow hot/cold drinking water, book exchange, lounge area, hot spa showers and that little extra touch unique to us. Our eco-guesthouse is built for leaving a very small impact on the environment; heat-recycled hot spa showers, all lighting use LEDs, an active recycling program, eco-ventilators, automated lighting for bathrooms, etc. Guest can relax in our Lanna. A chill out area where you can sit back, relax and catch up on movies. We offer our facilities as: • We have a mini library (novels, comics, games and book exchange) • FREE HD Movies via Media Player viewed on a 42" HD TV • FREE yet Fast Wi-Fi. We dare say one of the fastest among Penang's hostels. Wi-Fi is available througout the hostel including all rooms. • FREE Breakfast - A simple selection of local and continental spread for breakfast • FREE Flow of Hot & Cold Water • FREE Flow of Coffee & Tea the entire day • FREE use of a Shared Kitchenette (equipped with microwave,cutlery,toaster and kettle) We are unique to other hostels or even bigger hotels, is that our guesthouse is built for leaving a very small impact on the environment. Green is not a byword. We have installed heat-recycled (from the Air-Condition) hot spa showers, ALL lighting uses LED, an active recycling program, Wind-ventilators, Automated lighting for All bathrooms (Toilet lights and exhaust fans switch on when door is closed) and common light timers. Last but not least, we also have a resident tours and travel guide whom would be glad to provide tourist information on Penang. Do enquire to experience what Penang has to offer :) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Travelocity and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Red Inn Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Red Inn Court Penang/George Town