“Quaint, local charm”

Ranked #8 of 79 Coffee & Tea in George Town
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Happened to stroll past this little gem, and was not disappointed.
Awesome food, lovely warm atmosphere, attentive service.
Ordered a chicken rendang which was the special of the day. A treat for the tastebuds, to say the least.
They also, according to rumours, make the best chocolate brownies? I did not have any, but saw many come out of the kitchen on the way to the tables. Will definitely try them out next time.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We tripped fell and landed in this cozy joint. Upon gorging on their delicious lamb chop pasta at a totally ridiculous bargain,we
fell in love.don't
believe us? Ull find our
names and a l'il coconut tree on a stall.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

After spending several days eating street food pork and pork, i need new variation. Stumble upon this place in near my dorm, thought i could give it a try. The food was okay and the staf is very chatty and warm. I like the set up of the place and the price is reasonable too. I order the local food sour and spicy chicken with rice and penang special white coffee. The coffee was really good by the way.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Went for a wander in search for a good cheap meal, we stumbled across this place. The prices are very reasonable, the staff were very friendly and the cafe had a great relaxing feel to it. Would deffo visit again and would recommend.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I reviewed Micke's Place after a visit last summer and gave it four stars. My wife and I are back in Penang now (Jan., 2013) and have eaten 2 of our four dinners so far at Micke's. I'm upping it to five stars. On the first visit this time I had the fish curry which was even better than I remembered it, with a generous amount of fish and a really unique and tasty curry (the star annise makes a big difference). My wife had a light meal of mushroom soup and garlic bread, both excellent. On our second visit we both had linguine alfredo (that is, their carbonara w/o the ham) and it was really fine -- perfectly cooked pasta with a very tasty sauce. We shared an order of garlic bread. The lady who runs the place is totally charming.

The review below by HP88 alleging that the food is all microwaved and none of it is fresh could not be more false, misleading, misguided and downwright ignorant. Ignore his rant and come to this wonderful little place.

1  Thank BallardBeaver