“Nice Georgetown tour”

Metro Bike Easy Green Travel
More attraction details
Owner description: A "Green" way to explore George Town by Bicycle & Trishaw Tour. Entire journey takes around 3.5 hours to intorduce you the popular heritage sites, artistic murals, charming traditional trades and famous hawker food.
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

The tour was easy to book and the day D a taxi was waiting for us in front of our hotel to bring us to the meeting point. We had a trishaw which was a very good option to snap pictures and enjoy the views. There's some serious traffic in some areas but our driver (who was 84 y.o. but extremely fit!) handled it easily. The tour itself is quite interesting, I especially enjoyed the food part. Ken is a great guy to deal with and I recommend the tour if you want to get familiar with Penang.

3  Thank HedonisteModerne
There are newer reviews for Metro Bike Easy Green Travel

Reviewed June 27, 2014

The bicycle city heritagetour was fun to do, but they dont neccesairly follow the program. We stopped at some different places then mentioned in the iternary. We had a nice indian breakfast and local lunch at a local foodcourt, to try some local dishes. The guide was allright, he explained stuff but was a bit boring. when cycling he put some music on and that kept us going. The tour is in my opinion too long, especially on hot days.

1  Thank Ccr102
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Ken was fantastic. Very passionate about his work as the tour guide and went out of his way to please our two families. Really nice guy and I really admire his courage of leaving the corporate world to do what he love which is this bike tour business. Keep up the good work Ken, and i wish you great success with this endeavor. We also love that Ken gave employment opportunity to the retired.. we had 2 very senior but fit trishaw cyclist bringing the few in our group who did not want to cycle around ...both of whom were also very nice and friendly. We were 2 couples with 1 young child each and went with 2 bicycles (fathers) and 2 trishaws (mothers and children).

3  Thank Huikel
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband, parents and I have been on holiday in Penang and this tour, with Ken and his troupe of trishaw drivers, was so enjoyable.

We had such a fabulous and informative tour of Georgetown.

Ken was so lovely, and he made sure we were always very safe - and very well fed!!

Thank you so much for such a wonderful day!

4  Thank Joscar100514
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I recently spent a three night trip in Georgetown, Penang. The day before our departure we were busy looking for things to do and came across the Metro Bike Tour and we are so pleased we did - what a great time we had, it certainly lived up to reviews! We contacted Ken, the owner, and he returned our message straight away and booked us on the trip for the following morning. He arranged a taxi transfer which reliably turned up the next morning at 8.10 am and delivered us to the start point. I am not a confident bike rider so we chose to have a trishaw which my husband duly joined me on. He didn't regret it actually as it meant he could take in more of the sights as we passed by! Think our trishaw peddler rather earned his money though transporting the pair of us around! What a great character he was! Ken, aided by his colleague Eddy, were excellent tour guides - the pace of the tour was lively and informative and a wonderful way of getting one's bearings and planning where we may like to return to explore further at leisure. The food stops that Ken arranged were brilliant - we thoroughly enjoyed our Indian breakfast and the chicken and rice for lunch was delicious! We actually felt by the end of the tour, as we bade Ken and Eddy goodbye, that we had been on a lovely excursion with friends! Don't hesitate to book a Metro Bike tour if in Georgetown - and, as others have noted, Ken's rather unique way of alerting traffic with his entertaining music will bring a smile to your face as an added bonus! Whenever I hear 'Uptown Girl' in future it will transport me back to Penang!! Thank you so much Ken and Eddy for a great time!

2  Thank HappyHols320