“A Traveller's Dream”

Ranked #1 of 170 George Town B&B and Inns
Koh Samui
“A Traveller's Dream”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Should your journeys ever bring you to Penang and if you are a discerning traveler, mark it down: Campbell House Hotel in the heart of Georgetown. You won't find a better run, excellent and lovingly furnished and affordable hotel anywhere in town. Nadya and Roberto are the perfect hosts. Every nook and corner bespeaks of aesthetics; the service is as personal as it can only be in a hotel where you don't feel to be a guest, but a new friend lovingly cared for. The atmosphere of Campbell House Hotel is reason enough to return to the city.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk up two floors, ask for a room in the first floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Hosts and staff extremely welcoming and helpful. Great croissants and cappucino.deluxe oasis right in middle of old town. Our room had stained glass windows and a mother of pearl inlaid four poster bed! Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2013
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just spent 2 nights at Campbell House during CNY. Although Penang was understandably quiet we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. From the friendly welcome to the wonderful room with furniture and fittings we would love in our Hong Kong apartment, to the generous and lazy breakfasts, the wealth of material in the reading room, the convenient location and the late night glass of wine. This is a boutique hotel where you really feel at home and appreciate the blend of cultures that Nardya, Roberto and team offer.

• Stayed February 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights with my parents. We must say we loved this place alot. We were greeted by the owner the minutes we arrived and were shown to the restaurant to have welcome drinks. Later, we were explained of what to do and see by the owner. We stayed at Indochine and Silver leaf room. Beautifully done, the lot. And not to mention "Nespresso". The restaurant there was also nice, made a very typical Italian food (Venice style). RECOMMEND TO ALL for your visit to PENANG

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are equally good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sukan28
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My wife and I spent a total of three nights at the Campbell House over the December/January holidays. The place is truly worthy of a five star review. Though it's been said before in many of these reviews, I can't help but repeat that the hosts, Nardya and Roberto, are friendly people who absolutely understand what it takes to run a first rate inn. The building itself is charming and is perfectly located as a home base for exploring historic George town. The rooms are well-appointed, the linens were extremely clean and comfortable, and there was even the added treat of a nespresso machine and a delicious lemonade/iced tea drink in the room. I thought the room was very fairly priced, even a bargain, and that was before I had the delicious breakfast they serve downstairs in the restaurant. If we didn't live on the other side of the world, we'd be back - often!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank denniss230
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at Campbell House in December last year and were so glad that we chose to stay here out of the many other options available. The owners and staff were so accommodating and friendly, and I was pleasantly surprised that they managed to provide gluten free bread after I informed them that I was gluten-intolerant. The room we stayed in (Colonial) was lovely, with a huge four-poster bed. We particularly enjoyed the home-made lemon tea and dessert that were placed in the fridge every evening. The location of Campbell House is excellent as it is very near to various points of interest in Georgetown. We also had a meal at the restaurant and the food was delicious. If you are looking for a place that offers genuine warmth and hospitality, then this is it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pinkozoid
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I spent only one night at Campbell House but I look forward to many more in the future. The welcome was friendly and completely unforced, the room and the facilities far beyond what I would expect for the price. A last-minute change of plan meant I had to leave for the airport at 6am, but management ensured I had plenty in my personal fridge for breakfast. There was a gentleman at my door to carry my bag to the taxi despite the early hour (completely unnecessary but wholly appreciated!). I was sad to leave after just a few hours but the level of service and comfort have guaranteed a return visit. Thanks to everyone. I look forward to seeing you again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo