What a perfectly charming, chilled little hotel right in the heart of Georgetown. Rooms & bathrooms were clean and comfy and the staff were just amazing (especially special thanks to Sarah). The rooms could do with a safe, and shower curtain otherwise you can't find fault with this place. After a day of wandering around in the intense heat of Penang, nothing beats it when the staff greets you with a nice glass of cold water with lemon the moment you step into the premises. As I was traveling solo, they offered to fetch me takeaway from the nearby food stalls so that I can dine in the comfort of my room at night. Love the place will definitely be back next time I visit Penang. Great place also for wandering around the sights of Georgetown. Everywhere is almost walkable from here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Muntri Mews is affordable luxury accommodation for today flash packer located in the heart of Georgetown the UNESCO world heritage site.every room come with spacious lounge areas opening out to the Verandah upstairs or to the lush private tropical garden downstairs.Muntri street has one of the best preserved rows of townhouse residence in Malaysia. elegant expression of 19th century straits Chinese architecture, equivalent to Singapore Emerald Hill. these grand terraces invariably had mew- private stables for horse carriages, with staff quarters upstairs which then became garage for motor cars during the Edwardian Era. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Muntri Mews reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Muntri Mews Hotel Georgetown
- Muntri Mews Penang/George Town