“Go early so as not to be disappointed”
Review of Tek Sen Restaurant

Tek Sen Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 907 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Go early so as not to be disappointed”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I went here a few times whilst in Georgetown and I loved it. The sweet and sour chicken and the lime juice drink were just amazing. I have tried to recreate the lime drink myself but it's just not the same. Definitely a must eat place in Georgetown!!!

• Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
“Writing this review made my mouth water ...”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

During my first trip to Penang in 2009, we were walking around Georgetown and saw a Chinese restaurant serving local dishes. It was a nondescript place, with a zinc roof. Looking at the expensive cars parked outside, we took a chance and ate what had to be the most amazing zichar (local stir-fry) ... and I come from Singapore, where there are many good zichar. Stupidly, I forgot to note the name and address of the place.

In 2013, we tried to hunt down the same restaurant but couldn't find that zinc-roofed establishment, in the area we thought the restaurant was at. Disappointed we decided to eat at an eatery in a shophouse that was near where we thought it was. Eating the food brought back all the delicious memories. So, this IS the same place. Long story short, I returned twice on a short 3-day trip.

The food quality here? I do not have enough superlative adjectives to describe it.

Visited December 2013
Argenton-sur-Creuse, France
“great Chinese food”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

The first time we tried to go here it was closed so we tried the following night with success. Arriving just before 7pm the restaurant was already full and we had to share a table - which just added to the atmosphere. A few minutes after we arrived there was a queue for tables. This a noisy, cheap and cheerful restaurant where you will probably be in and out in under an hour but definitely worth a visit. The three or four dishes we had were very good and the bill when it came including two beers and a soft drink was under £12. We will make a point of coming back here next time we're in Penang.

• Visited March 2014
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Best local Chinese”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I've eaten here several times and never had a bad dish, it is one of the handful of restaurants I take visitors to when they come to Penang. The intensity of flavor and perfection per dish that you'd expect from a Hawker, but with the expansive menu and the brick and mortar establishment it is accessible to everyone!

Visited March 2014
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“bigger hat now”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

it used to be very good food, very reasonable in price in the good old days when they will operating the stalls at road side.

Ever since move to proper premises, business increased. Quality of food deteriorated though it is still acceptable. the good - old - days friendly relationship fly out from windows. Perhaps this is the result of progress and achievements.

Price getting higher, services no longer that customer-friendly as before. To us, it is a great lost.

• Visited February 2014