“Yum”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Yum”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Tek Sen was probably the culinary highlight of our stay. The roast pork, tofu with crab, morning glory with garlic were just to die for. Chaotic Chinese and worth every ringgit and second you are there,

Visited September 2013

• Polish first
Cardigan, United Kingdom
“Amazing food”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Get there early as you have to queue outside for a table in this chaotic restaurant but it is definitely worth the wait. The food is amazing we had twice cooked pork with chilli and garlic chicken which was to die for. In a three day trip we ate there twice which shows how good the food is.

Visited September 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Good food, accomodating people.”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

It was our last nigh in Penang, my husband & I, coming back from a trip to the Botanical Garden and could not find our way back because the bus that took us there apparently only goes one way. I hailed a local guy and he was very nice enough to show us the way back since he was going in the same direction. I invited him to have dinner with us at the Tak Sen Restaurant, upon arrival, there was a long line of people outside, I went in to talk to the owner, as I have in the past few days, and suddenly a waitress gave me a table, so I called my husband and the local guy we invited to the table. Both him and my husband was impressed, I said I just lucked out, but it was the best dinner we've had and even the local guy acknowledged that he'd been wanting to try the place but always had no luck getting in.

• Visited November 2012
Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
“Worse and expensive”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Worse food in penang and disappointed with the service. The fish that I ordered was not fresh and I felt nauseous after the dinner. The dishes were simple and overpriced. Bad first experience for my wife and I. Will be the last for us.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Christopher N
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Great find!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

When there is a queue outside a restaurant at 7.30 you know it's good. We waited ten minutes to be seated and ordered three dishes - unfortunately the double roasted pork had run out but we ordered the five spice pork which was awesome, the chicken with ginger and onion and the chicken in black pepper sauce. It is prob ably the only place that we have ever been that serves rice at the right price - rm1, 20p!
Attentive and helpful staff and just amazing food ,wish I had known about it earlier as would have gone back again!

• Visited September 2013