“Thoroughly recommend”
Review of Yeng Keng Hotel

Yeng Keng Hotel
Ranked #10 of 87 Hotels in George Town
Reviewed May 8, 2011

Great location, beautiful decor, a true boutique hotel. Staff really friendly and helpful. Swimming pool is a big plus in that climate. A taste of heaven. One criticism - room a bit on the small side.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank suecastano

Reviewed May 1, 2011

Our stay at the hotel was excellent - the staff were very friendly, and the service in the restaurant was good. Breakfast quality was high also. The hotel is well positioned in Georgetown with easy access to the tourist areas.

Room Tip: Go for a mansion house room.
2  Thank eggmister
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Stayed here for two nights in a standard room. We were greeted on arrival with cold drink and had our bags taken to our lovely clean and new room. The design and feel of the whole hotel is really welcoming and charming. Nothing too much trouble for any of the staff. Even made us a few complimentary sandwiches as we had an early departure. Rooms great. Food great. Service great. Would thoroughly recommend.

1  Thank jaguarpaw_10
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I cannot praise this hotel and the staff there highly enough. Not well when I arrived at Yeng Keng Hotel for a relax after 4 weeks in Vietnam. Staff noticed this and were so concerned the receptionist asked if she could make a doctors appointment for me. She actually walked me there after her shift had finished. The G.P. I consulted advised me to see a specialist at the hospital as he was not happy with my condition. I was very grateful and surprised that the Hotel Manager, Jacky Chung, told me that he would drive me there. Not only that, Jacky accompanied me to the specialist rooms and waited until the consult was completed. It was then decided that I needed to be admitted and Jacky stayed with and helped me through the whole procedure, even down to guarantoring me for the hospital account and making sure I was settled in my room before he left. The next day I received a huge basket of flowers and fruit from the management and staff of the Yeng Keng. Amazing! I was overwhelmed by their gestures of care and kindness. I will go back to Penang specifically so that I can stay at this wonderful hotel when I am well. All I can say is this is so far above what one would expect in a foreign country and that I was very fortunate to have booked in there. Thank you all at the Heng Keng.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank netballdiva
Reviewed April 26, 2011

the place is very cozy, albeit cute and small but that makes it very personal and there's less likely to be overcrowding. it is locatedin the middle of town, so a lot of places where within walking distance. the room is pretty and we felt very much at home! staff is friendly and helpful as well!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank docbamby
Reviewed April 24, 2011

yeng keng was sheer pleasure staying at. the service simply went beyond expectations. the attentiveness and genuineness of the staff made us feel so pampered throughout - e.g. they offered us breakfast on the first check in day when we arrived at 9am, made great food and site-seeing recommendations and arrangements etc. and yeng keng hotel itself was so quaint and full of character, it really made our penang holiday memorable on its own. definitely recommended.

Reviewed April 21, 2011

I would highly recommend Yeng Keng. The staff went out of their way to accomodate us and were so friendly and helpful at all times. The rooms were new and clean and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: April 2011