“Felt Like Home...”

Ranked #80 of 1,039 Restaurants in George Town
Cuisines: European, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Only open for Wine soiree on Thursdays 6.30 pm till midnight. RM 58 incl GST and service. 3 tasting glasses of wine and snacks. Functions can be arranged.
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I was visiting temples in the Georgetown area when I fortunately stumbled upon this gem of a wine bar/restaurant. After traveling throughout SE Asia for over 6 weeks, I was beyond surprised to find a cozy, warm, hip wine bar (similar to those I frequent in my NYC East Village neighborhood) situated in Penang, Malaysia. My plan was to stop in and try one glass...well...five glasses later, I found myself conversing with lovely owners, Louise and Tommes about everything from them giving me their recommendations of "must see" Penang to sharing colorful anecdotes/illustrations of their extensive knowledge of food and wine. They and their staff were extremely welcoming and exceptionally gracious. It was also wonderful to see the rapport they embrace with each approaching diner (most of whom return religiously). These local loyalists clearly appreciate the unique flavor That Little Wine Bar has given to Penang. My only regret was having had planned previous dinner plans that evening or I would have stayed to try one of the many incredibly and professionally presented dishes which I could see coming out of the kitchen. If you are looking for a taste of removed and/or familiar charm, TLWB is a must visit.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

From approaching the building we were impressed...greeted by the manager who instantly showed it was more than a job but a passion. We had a great evening here feeling very indulgent after 6 weeks of backpacking around SE Asia and the food, cocktails, wine were exactly what we wished to share together and a little Wi-fi I confess. The staff were very personable which was a breath of fresh air which set this place apart.
It is slightly out of town but on a street that seemed to have other dining options - make sure your taxi driver knows where he is going before starting out or it could cost you (lots of one way roads)
Big thanks to the team for making our meal a very memorable experience.

Reviewed October 9, 2011

There are not many fine dining restaurants in Penang outside established hotels. Many visitors enjoy the street food in Penang which is one of the best in the world and like them, we take a break by visiting restaurants such as TLWB. It was our return visit as we enjoyed our first time there and this time around we felt that the food was quite ordinary. The menu has not changed much but there were specials written on the board. Service was good and the staff courteous. The restaurant is small so some diners may feel a certain lack of elbow room while others enjoy the coziness.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

Walked in without a reservation - couldn't have been more welcomingly received. Really great, friendly service. Good food and wine, and reasonable prices. A great option when you're looking for a more sophisticated night out in Penang. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Beautiful dinner, lovely ambience, food and service...highly recommended.