My initial reaction when I arrived was disappointing as I am more used to staying in hotels like the Shangri-La but I soon adapted and in hindsight we really got to appreciate the real Georgetown. Initially we stayed in no. 91 before going off to Kuching for a few days and then came back and stayed in no. 95 which was more comfortable/bigger and stairs not as steep although preferred open air bathroom in no.91 (not good if you need privacy as clear view of shower from one of the bedrooms). Mosquito repellent/nets etc were provided and very much needed - but if you are like me and an expert in mosquito bite avoidance you'll be fine. Friends who were with me got quite badly bitten - they will now follow my guidelines in future. The residence was cleaned daily but change of towels would have been appreciated. This is not a luxury residence so don't expect too much but having said that I would highly recommend this place to get a real feel of the city (but would not think that this type of accommodation would suit a young family).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retail, restaurants and residences in antique Chinese shophouses located in the core zone of UNESCO Heritage Georgetown, Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Straits Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Straits Collection Hotel Georgetown
- Straits Collection Penang/George Town