The room and facilities were good but not outstanding. We had moved to the MTP from the luxury E&O hotel. and could not expect the same quality room and facilities. What made the MTP a great experience was the staff ( HK, the manager in particular). Our every request was handled efficiently and with a smile. Maps were printed out for all out walking tours. My wife who is allergic to eggs, was given tasty local egg free breakfasts. HK even took us one morning as her guests to a local Yum Char for breakfast.
The MTP is well located in an up market residential/restaurant district abort 30 minutes walk from the heart of Georgetown. In the other direction, it is only 30 minutes to the big shopping centres.
Would stay there again if we visit Penang again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated in a quiet area of town just outside the hustle and bustle of the center.Mango Tree Place in Georgetown,Malaysia provides guests with the perfect getaway spot to really relax and enjoy your vacation. This 3 star Boutique Bed & Breakfast is just a 10 minute walk to a wide array of restaurants, shops and cafes so finding something to do is easier than ever. Guests of the Mango Tree Place will enjoy an intimate setting with the friendly staff who are more than willing to lend you a helping hand and give you insider tips on all the historic sights of Georgetown. So, get ready to explore this UNESCO World Heritage city. Great location and surroundings, professional staff and useful facilities make this Georgetown Boutique B&B an unbeatable place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mango Tree Place - Townhouse 1934 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mango Tree Place Hotel Georgetown
- Mango Tree Place - Townhouse 1934 Penang/George Town