This is a real gem. Lee was holding the fort whilst owners away and she couldn't have done a better job. All the staff were extremely attentive but never got in your way. Food incl drinks and afternoon tea all excellent and freshly prepared whenever you wanted it. Room was charming. A real colonial feel to the whole place but not overly tarted up. Pool great and well maintained. Hotel situated in a quiet street near several restaurants. Only noise came from birds! We just couldn't fault the place. I could have stayed for ever!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privately owned,restored black and white Edwardian Anglo-Malay bungalow. On the site of a former plantation and set in half an acre of tropical garden with a swimming pool. This house offers classy colonial bed and breakfast,with just six suites.Located in a quiet residential street but well within walking distance to Georgetown. Clove Hall offers a unique experience, privacy, personalised service and modern comforts.Car and driver can be arranged for transfers. Tours can also be arranged. Many restaurants serving local food are within ten minutes walk of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Clove Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clove Hall Hotel Georgetown
- Clove Hall Penang/George Town