Superlatives followed by more superlatives! We would like to extend a huge thanks to the owners Jo and Jim and also to Erlyn (not Eileen!!), Juliet and Raj for their hospitality. This heritage property has been sympathetically restored to a very high standard and is meticulously maintained. The pool area, garden and common areas are breath-taking considering Clove Hall is a 10 / 15 minute walk from the heart of George Town. We stayed in The Clove Suite which is spacious to the extreme, furnished and decorated with local antiques and complemented by a massive and unique inside / outside bathroom. The option of either western style breakfast cooked on-site or alternatively local breakfast which Raj will organise works very well. The advice and assistance we received from Jo and Jim throughout our stay was invaluable. If you are looking for a memorable place to stay in George Town we could not recommend Clove Hall highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Privately owned,restored black and white Edwardian Anglo-Malay bungalow. On the site of a former plantation and set in half an acre of tropical garden with a swimming pool. This house offers classy colonial bed and breakfast,with just six suites.Located in a quiet residential street but well within walking distance to Georgetown. Clove Hall offers a unique experience, privacy, personalised service and modern comforts.Car and driver can be arranged for transfers. Tours can also be arranged. Many restaurants serving local food are within ten minutes walk of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Clove Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clove Hall Hotel Georgetown
- Clove Hall Penang/George Town