The guesthouse is located right in the thick of it in Georgetown. Plenty of bars/restaurants/attractions to choose from close by.
The guesthouse itself is clean, rooms are spacious. We had a private double with en suite. Great value for money particularly as breakfast is included (toast, hot drinks and fruit).
The only down side is that there is a stage outside nearby with loud music/singing from early evening, however it does promptly stop at 12. Makes it impossible to get an early-ish night! I'm not sure this is a permanent fixture though.
Don't let this put you off as it is a great hostel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old Penang Guesthouse is a beautifully restored pre-war building in the historic city of Penang, Malaysia and still retains much of its old world charm. It is believed to have been constructed more than 80 years ago. It is especially important as an example of a very early shop house prototype. From the original mosaic-tiled flooring, intricate artwork, inner courtyard and to wooden shuttered windows, every aspect echoes the history of the region, and offers a beguiling journey through this enchanting heritage. It is a best accommodation for travelers who seeking for budget heritage stay. The design integrates old with new, modern with historic, ensuring that the total experience is one that is authentic, honouring the past while bringing every modern convenience to bear. Let's explore the heritage and find your old time memory here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda, Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Old Penang Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Penang Guesthouse Hotel Georgetown
- Old Penang Guesthouse George Town