It's very easy to reach this guest house from the airport. Located in the love lane which in the core part of georgetown. Hawker foodstall, bar and restourant was everywhere, literally. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I stayed in female dorm, the room is clean with proper pillow and matress. Eventhough i stayed in a bunk, i had my own reading lamp and electricity plug near my bed. They provided me with clean pillow too and the laundry service was cheap which was verya important to me.
The thing i dont like is about the internet connection. Its very slow and often failed even for simple local data search.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old Penang Guesthouse is a beautifully restored pre-war building in the historic city of Penang, Malaysia and still retains much of its old world charm. It is believed to have been constructed more than 80 years ago. It is especially important as an example of a very early shop house prototype. From the original mosaic-tiled flooring, intricate artwork, inner courtyard and to wooden shuttered windows, every aspect echoes the history of the region, and offers a beguiling journey through this enchanting heritage. It is a best accommodation for travelers who seeking for budget heritage stay. The design integrates old with new, modern with historic, ensuring that the total experience is one that is authentic, honouring the past while bringing every modern convenience to bear. Let's explore the heritage and find your old time memory here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld and Priceline so you can book your Old Penang Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Penang Guesthouse Hotel Georgetown
- Old Penang Guesthouse George Town