Beautiful building and great location but that could be said for most of the hostels in Georgetown.
Clean bathrooms and communal areas.
The wifi and hardwired internet are both way too slow and frequently fail completely. Frustrating when trying to Skype or just get local info. Ending up using local cafe so all was not lost but its a shame they haven't spent a few extra pennies to provide decent Internet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old Penang Guesthouse is a beautifully restored pre-war building in the historic city of Penang, Malaysia and still retains much of its old world charm. It is believed to have been constructed more than 80 years ago. It is especially important as an example of a very early shop house prototype. From the original mosaic-tiled flooring, intricate artwork, inner courtyard and to wooden shuttered windows, every aspect echoes the history of the region, and offers a beguiling journey through this enchanting heritage. It is a best accommodation for travelers who seeking for budget heritage stay. The design integrates old with new, modern with historic, ensuring that the total experience is one that is authentic, honouring the past while bringing every modern convenience to bear. Let's explore the heritage and find your old time memory here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Old Penang Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Penang Guesthouse Hotel Georgetown
- Old Penang Guesthouse George Town