We stayed here for 3 nights. The first night we had double bedroom with ac, big and in out eyes clean. The next morning we heared that we where going to change room, because ours was booked... Will we where sleeping in there! We also had seen a bug on out bed and we didn't know what it was...
We got a room with twinbeds and ac. The next morning will we where changing we saw a bug like the morning before on the wall. When we looked closly we saw that IT was a bedbug. Then we saw a nother one. We told the lady and she blamed us! She said that we brought them with us. So the only thing she did was give us another room.
The thirth room was the same as the one before. spacious, twinbed and ac. And again bedbugs on the wall. We ended ip sleeping together in an one single bed! That morning we left and she complained that we didn't bring the towels. Because you get towels everyday and there is free Breakfast as much as you want.
If you like bedbugs on your wall and on your bed, them come! The Staff is really easy going about IT...
Breakfast and towels included.
Clean toilet and (hot)shower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old Penang Guesthouse is a beautifully restored pre-war building in the historic city of Penang, Malaysia and still retains much of its old world charm. It is believed to have been constructed more than 80 years ago. It is especially important as an example of a very early shop house prototype. From the original mosaic-tiled flooring, intricate artwork, inner courtyard and to wooden shuttered windows, every aspect echoes the history of the region, and offers a beguiling journey through this enchanting heritage. It is a best accommodation for travelers who seeking for budget heritage stay. The design integrates old with new, modern with historic, ensuring that the total experience is one that is authentic, honouring the past while bringing every modern convenience to bear. Let's explore the heritage and find your old time memory here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Old Penang Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Penang Guesthouse Hotel Georgetown
- Old Penang Guesthouse George Town