My girlfriend and i choose to stayed at Old Penang everytime we went to Penang.
We're both students.
Room : We stayed at the Double Room wt shared bathroom which only for RM65! The room is clean, tidy, and quite big tho, as a budget hotel. Unfortunately the light was abit too dark, romantic but not suitable for reading. (only two small lights at the both side of your bed) and the hanger behind the door was too thick to hang my clothes.
Shared Bathroom : We are satisfied with the bathroom since its clean and big, water heater provided. The roof is my fav kind of design, which is visible for sunlight! Altho its just a budget hotel but the bathroom's facilities are from Johnson Suisse. They also provided slippers if you dont want to get ur feets wet.
Design : Old Penang is my fav old england building with Nan-Yang style of interior design! Cozy, cool and relaxing. The roof as i mentioned, was design to be visible for sunlights, warm and saving electricity at the mean time.
Hide and Seek : Its abit hard to be found at first due to the small sign they got. low profile you can say? hah! The tips is that when u reached love lane, when u saw the 7-11 at the corner, turn into the small alley right away. The hotel is at your right handside.
Conclusion : Its a BUDGET guesthouse and they are actually providing good and basic facilities ( pls refer to their website). Clean and Tidy of course. Suitable for backpackers & students. Last but not least, they got my fav kind of design!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Old Penang Guesthouse is a beautifully restored pre-war building in the historic city of Penang, Malaysia and still retains much of its old world charm. It is believed to have been constructed more than 80 years ago. It is especially important as an example of a very early shop house prototype. From the original mosaic-tiled flooring, intricate artwork, inner courtyard and to wooden shuttered windows, every aspect echoes the history of the region, and offers a beguiling journey through this enchanting heritage. It is a best accommodation for travelers who seeking for budget heritage stay. The design integrates old with new, modern with historic, ensuring that the total experience is one that is authentic, honouring the past while bringing every modern convenience to bear. Let's explore the heritage and find your old time memory here! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Old Penang Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Penang Guesthouse Hotel Georgetown
- Old Penang Guesthouse George Town