“This hotel is sucks”
Review of Hotel Royal Penang

Hotel Royal Penang
Ranked #68 of 87 Hotels in George Town
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We noticed that our 2 extra blanket got lot hairs on it,than the pillow are smelly..and the extra bed,when room service bring it in,down of the extra bed at least got 5 to 6 baby cockroach!yucks...!!hotel location is good but swear no second time in this hotel..and one more things the kettle was so dirty!!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Jasonkho

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed. The bed was a bit too firm for my liking, but that is typical in Malaysia and Thailand.
Staff were friendly and efficient, especially the Concierges, who were funny, helpful and really made you feel welcome.
Facilities are excellent too, with several choices of restaurant, pool, health spa, 24 hour tailor and bar on premises.
Its also very close to markets, shops/shopping centres and heaps of restaurants/bars.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

I go to this hotel after I booked it from a travel agent as Sheraton hotel not royal Penang, I arrived there and everyone know it and they guided me to it.

I arrived at 11 pm and i didn't exchange money yet, everything near is closed and the hotel wanted me to pay in local currency a deposit and I didn't have, so they didn't allow me to use business center ( which is 2 computers on a table ) and didn't allow me to order food from room service.

Overall:
Location: it's located in George Town 15 minutes walking from bus statin and trader hotel, have KFC in front oh the hotel and have a bar in the first floor and it's 10 minutes walking from china town and Indian temples.

Cleanliness: the room I took had a burned carpet and broken sink in bathroom and bathroom is very dirty, and bathtub have scratches inside and the sealing of the bathroom lost serious amount of paint.

Price: I booked it for 62.5 USD and from my opinion it dosnt worth anything.

Service: service providers speak little English do you have to manage with them, and it's pretty bad service after all.

Breakfast: there was a good but not satisfying buffet that serve: fried rice, chicken sausages, noodels, and some Chinese food ( 2 cuisines ) and fruits.

They make me sign a paper that it have all the stuff in room ( as if I stool or crashed anything) and it prices, for this only I can't consider this hotel as a 4 stars hotel at all.

I consider this hotel as a sexual tourism hotel because of the bar / disco in first floor and all night workers are females.

FOR ME I WILL NOT VISIT AGAIN, AND WILL NOT RECOMMEND AT ALL.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Remo E
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My first impression of the hotel was good, well, at least from what it looks like from the outside. Despite what others may say about the hotel, I found that my stay here was not that bad after all. For a frequent traveler like I am, I do not expect world class hotel unless you are willing to pay a fortune for it.

With that said, I have no complains about the most important part of any hotel - the room. The room was clean and properly made up. Unlike other hotels I have stayed in, the bed and the pillows were comfortable, much to my surprise.

The only complain I have about the room was the TV which was not working and the toilet door which cannot be locked. Other than those minor inconvenience, everything was in perfect order.

The main reason I chose this hotel was its location, which was not too far away from where everything is. Where location is concern, I will have to give this hotel two thumbs up. I am not sure about others but as far as I am concern, locality is always the prerequisite for me when choosing a hotel.

Perhaps one bone of contention about this hotel is the basement parking, which I found to be too small for a hotel of this standard. Other than that, I think I will return to this hotel if I am in the vicinity again. Oh...and one more thing. Those at the front desk should buck up. Service is slow.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank foto_melaka
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The staffs at the front counter are not really friendly. The hotel is quite old and the toilet is in poor condition. There are cracks and stains on the bathtub. The tv (tv box) in the room is not functioning. The iron is too old and not functioning as well. The food for breakfast and buffet lunch/dinner is not really good. There are other better hotels in Georgetown city u can get with the same amount of money. There are lack of maintenance in this hotel. Hope it can improve in times to come. Location is satisfactory, but it is not my main factor to consider this hotel again as there are other better place with good location to stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank RobinTan
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Room not made up when you enter. Toilet in poor condition. Carpet and bed sheet stinks and dusty. Front desk neither friendly nor rude (which is not acceptable in hotel industry). Airconditioning is poorly functioning. Don't expect much of this hotel.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mfeizal
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hello friends, this hotel is close to bus stops, local shopping market & a taxi stand. Breakfast provided by hotel is awesome with loads of variety. Rooms are quite good not that spacious but the good for couple+01 child. Very clean, co-operative staff and the location is good.

Room Tip: View of the property is not good till the 10th floor, you will have an option to choose smoking/non...