“Good budget hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of PPisland Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in George Town
PPisland Hotel
You added PPisland Hotel to your Saves list
Ranked #61 of 77 Hotels in George Town
San Francisco, California
“Good budget hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Not a bad hotel at all for the value. We chose a budget hotel for our stay in Penang and it served its purposes. Our room was quite small so we upgraded to the next class so the 3 of us could be more comfortable. The room had pretty strong AC as well. Located in a good area convenient to most touristy places, this hotel served as a great base during our stay. On our more ambitious days, we walked to the downtown areas. There were multiple food stalls nearby that are walking distance as well (soooo delicioius). The staff did their best to help us when we needed directions, a cab, etc. For a budget hotel, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms are quite cramped so keep this in mind when you're booking a room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank jing0423

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

It's less than 10 minutes walk to Georgetown. Great dim sum places just across and beside the hotel.
Room is big and clean. However, bring ur own toothbrush and hair & body shampoo. The neighborhood is quiet and safe.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank yeekangwong
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Clean and spacious room! It comes with a free first come first serve parking, good for those who drove to penang. Very good value for the amount we paid! :) love the location as well, so convenient and near to many good hawker stalls and restaurants! Will recommend my friends this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank ElsonKho
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We booked the double rooms for rm85 / night. Location not bad, consider that there're many hawker stalls nearby. Parking is first comes first serve. Small lobby, no restaurant, only a vending machine

Rooms 706: nice view, small size, dirty bedsheets with two hole! , bathroom doorknob rusty to the state of unacceptable!, mouldy ceilings, shower head went wrong but was fixed immediately. No hair dryer in rooms(have to call). No tea making facilities. Paper thin walls.Wifi is snail speed.

It was very cheap stay but the quality is way too bad..will not come back again

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank fayyong

Travelers are raving about these George Town hotels

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is my Third time staying in this hotel and am still very glad with the value I am getting. I stayed in a RM 95 rooom this time as I wanted a more comfortable room, the room is HUGE for the money we are paying , with clean bedsheet and room.I saw the recent comment on wifi and felt it isn't fair to give negative review on slow wifi as its actually Free of Charge , plus certain area of the hotel actually has fast connection, so its actually a mattter of going to the right area, the service is definitely not 5 star but for RM 95 per night, what would you expect? I did some online search and this is so far the best value hotel I have stayed in Georgetown as some other hotels actually charge for wifi , airconditioning, etc and to think that by paying so low for a quality stay makes me want to come back again! I only wanted a clean and quality place to stay for the night before I walk around the town, so the question of staff providing fantastic services is not a big concern to me.Highly recommeded!

Room Tip: This is a no frill hotel, need to bbring your own toothbrush and toothpaste. Clean towels will be pr...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Mcken888
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

This is an ok review but my negative review is based on there being no Wifi in most of the rooms despite the hotel advertising that there is:

The Good:
Rooms are basic but clean(apart from mildew in shower) with good shower pressure
Smooth check in/ Check out

The Bad:
Staff are extremely rude. If you approach them with an issue they disregard your query and when you ask them again they stare at you until you leave the desk.
Wifi does not work in rooms apart from two twin rooms (rooms ending 4 & 5). Otherwise you dont have wifi in room. This was particularly annoying for me as I chose this hotel due to internet. Reception internet is not great either. On plus side there are plenty of internet cafes in area which I used.
Location is outside the Oldtown about a 40 min walk. I didnt mind this but Penang is not a pedestrian friendly city and there are alternative options for the same price in the centre of old town.

All this being said if you dont mind walking and you dont require internet this is an ok hotel, if they hadnt advertised internet and been so rude when I queried I would have given 3/4 stars.

Room Tip: If you require internet and can use a twin room pre book a room ending in 4 or 5 as the routers are...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I stayed here again last January, and it isn't my first time staying there. I always recommend this place to my friends whenever they ask for affordable yet comfortable accommodation. PPIsland has only two kind of rooms, Deluxe for Twin Bed and Superior for Double Bed. The price we paid was fair. No breakfast included though, but don't worry, it's very easy to find food around the hotel. We were happy enough with the comfortable bed and simple facility. We'll certainly be back again whenever we visit Penang again.

Room Tip: Deluxe with Twin Bed is nicer and more spacious.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family