“GR8 PLACE !!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 77 Hotels in George Town
Warsaw, Poland
“GR8 PLACE !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

After reaching Gtown we planned to stay in a different place. But the attitude and overall impression made us look for a different space. AND GOOD 'cause we found this wonderful, welcoming and all you need to have a good sleep place. Look no further, book Broadway budget Hotel in Gtown. THEY ARE JUST GR8 ;) Double with bathroom, tv, free WiFi was only 80 MYR!!!! If ever in Gtown again we will stay at the same place :)

Room Tip: Room 34, double with bathroom & tv.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

We booked for 1 night (70MR, no tv) so we could get a feel for the area and decide if we like the hotel. Location wise we found it perfect. Between KOMTAR and the ferry pier it meant we were a 5 minute walk to both of the main bus stations in Georgetown so had easy bus access to all the attractions on the island and being in little India we had great food options within a 2 min walk. Add in the fact that the hotel has been renovated within the last month we really enjoyed this place and ended up adding another 6 nights to our stay here. The staff were all friendly and the island in general is full of good things to do. One tip (for Malaysia in general!) bring ear plugs to quieten the noise of the 6am call to mosque!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Beenseenanddonethat
Denmark, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My Girl friend and i stayed here for 3 nights..as my last stop in Malaysia before flying back home.The staffs were very friendly and help full. We paid 70 ringgit for a room with a double bed, air con and attach bathroom...the staffs told the room with TV will only cost us addtional 10 ringgit.. this is very cheap and value for money especially to get it in the center of Georgetown! we took the little india view and was realy nice! I was told by the staffs the hotel was just newly opened after their renovation last month..
I would say this is A well kept Hotel..!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dmarsing
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We stayed here a few nights. the location is great with walking distance to the old quarters. The staff was terrific, super friendly even going beyond to help us return a mobile phone we left behind when we moved on to KL.
The room had no air con and was hot at times but good size and with a window and fan we survived!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed one night here and it was good value for money. The rooms are basic but clean and the aircon worked. Reception staff exceptionally friendly and gave good advice about eating in Penang.
The stairs are VERY steep and there is no lift but staff will help with cases.
A good stopover hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Shah Alam, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was in Penang for the annual International Bridge marathon. The hotel, situated only a 10 minutes walk away from the shuttle pick-up spot (Port Weld/Bus Terminal) was ideal due to its location and price. If I had more time, I would've been able to spend more time exploring Penang's little india. The room was relatively clean, accessible working wifi, a/c was functioning, toilet was a little cramped but clean. I'm satisfied with the overall service and facilities of this budget hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Quiwan
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

First I would like to say that my wife and I had been traveling through Malaysia for 40 days when we hit the B'way Budget, & by this point we thought we understood what to expect from a hotel in this country.
We arrived in Penang & thought of spending 4 days at the Broadway Budget after reading an ok write-up in The Lonely Planet Guide. Luckily we only paid for the one night in advance. After being told of a great roti place by the front desk (which blew by the way) we were eager for bed. As soon as I laid down I noticed that the bed was damp. I thought perhaps I was sweaty or that I needed to cool down. Every so often I needed to lift my legs off the bed to stop the clamminess. The problem only persisted through the night. As 10pm hit road works began right below our window. By midnight we'd had enough. We went down to the front desk to complain. The clerk more or less laughed in our faces, not only about the noise but the bed as well. He said that we should have checked the bed before we took the room and as for the noise he said that they should be done soon and that this was very unexpected. Well, I think we passed out from exhaustion around 4am as the noise continued. When I got up to shower I noticed that the whole toilet/shower area was mildewy, which is probably why the bed was damp.The whole place was rank! We got out of dodge as soon as possible. As we departed we even told the guy at the front desk what could be done to make the room better, & again he pretty much just laughed in our faces.

Additionally, the wifi didn't work and when we went back to the same area the next night they were working again in the street. We proceed to ask the construction workers how long this was going on and he said days. So to add insult to injury the guy lied about the work being done because it wasn't suddenly unexpected.

I hope I had a bad experience in room 24 but I can't see any of the other rooms being any better. The place was RANK AND DANK. I would like to add I have stayed in hostels on this trip too so I am not one to be faint of heart. I know dog stuff when I step in it.

We eventually found a fantastic place which was a bit more then what we wanted to spend but after that place we needed piece of mind.

My suggestion is the Hutton Lodge. The rooms are the same price with a shared bathroom or 30 RM more for your own bathroom. Plus free wifi and breakfast. It also won a TripAdvisor award for 2012. The place is just top notch.

Room Tip: Check the bed to make sure the mattress isn't damp before you commit!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family