I've been there on last May '09. Booked via via online a month earlier (i get it very cheap).. Just wanna try kinda 'pay as you use hotel', so the expectation is not that high la... Moment i arrived i seems quite lost (i was 7yrs old last time 2 Penang). The check-in smooth tho d receiption was quite blur (lack of sleep i guess).
I was amazed by the room condition.. (Double Room) worth every penny ive paid. The wallpaper, power prepaid aircond(check w/site), perfect shower room,the view..my room facing Jln Burmah n basically the whole view of its T junction. WIth rate that im paying, the staff still helpful and smile.
THE NOT COOL
1) lack PARKING space its not really convenient for the this high-density hotel, i think u guys shd assign/outsource any parking management company 2 expand your parking space.
-I return quite late when i saw all the parking is full and i ve to park very far from hotel (nearly 1KM) and walked down thru d dark street @3am..
-On 3rd nite i managed 2 get a parking in front of hotel lobby entrance, next morning when i wanna go out 4 breakfast.my car stucked when another hotel guest car blocking my access to exit.(How can they let he/she park that way) . Waiting like an hour 2 identify who's.. haiyya..
2)Method of parking payment inconsistence.
-1st day i'm paying RM5 per entry, and its really a burden coz i've been in and out hotel like 5-6x a day.
Overall, this hotel is really a ideal for those who really wanna spend 30% in room, 70% somwhere else (Ecspecially backpackers ).. cheap yet comfortable.. i wish we have a lot more hotel that practising the same concept as Tune... Bravo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Staying true to our unique no frills concept, we provide you a good night's sleep at outstanding value. Our hotels come with high quality beds, power showers, 24-hour security system, and are conveniently located near transportation hubs and popular local attractions. Unnecessary costs are kept at bay by eliminating facilities that you might not need such as swimming pools, gyms, spa rooms etc. Stay within walking distance to the famous dining places of George Town like the famous Lorong Selamat Char Koay Teow. Penang's most famous beach, Batu Ferringhi, is half an hour's drive away from our hotel. The famous hawker centre along Gurney Drive is a must try, and so is the New World Park located right next door to us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Tune Hotel Georgetown Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tune Hotels. Com Downtown Penang Hotel Georgetown
- Tune Hotel Georgetown Penang George Town