“Lousy bedroom card system”

Tune Hotel Georgetown Penang
Ranked #37 of 84 Hotels in George Town
“Lousy bedroom card system”
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I was having a biz trip to Penang from 24/7-27/7/14. Every night I unable to enter the room directly as the card has marked me as checked out. Their explanation was due to my card taken out after I went out from the room. It will auto reset n the timing will not match the record anymore! I asked to changed room n the staff told me other room might experience the same also. On the last night stay, again as usual need to go yo reception reset my card. The staff attended me never highlight my aircond usage left 3 hours. Therefore I slept till around 2am n woke up due to too stuffy. After I realised what happen, they do not even helped me reset the system by topping up my aircond usage, insists want me went down to reset the card. This is horrible experience n I will never visit them any more !!!

Stayed July 2014
DeSilvaTunehotels, Manager at Tune Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Hi Elaine,

We sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience you have recently encountered during your stay at Tune Hotels Downtown Penang

Please connect with me directly at sharon.desilva@tunehotels.com with details of your stay so that I could get the maintenance team to check this up.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We hope to be given the opportunity to serve you better and restore you experience with us.

Sharon De Silva-Customer Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Smooth check-in in the early afternoon, but the room we were allocated has a noisy fan. Asked Level-2 lobby for a switch, and was given a room next door. Still the ceiling fan was noisy, but with a more tolerable rhythm. Other than that, no complaints on this particular Tune inn.

Breakfast place near Jalan Nagor was terrific, same with the nearby, newly renovated CHIME buildings. One can have noodles till 4am in a small shop across the street from Tune. The walk to Komtar is unpleasant, though, due to lack of decent pedestrian pavements.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank fiberdude8888
kuching
Reviewed July 27, 2014

i stayed here for one night, booked a double room with windows. I didn't bother to add on air-conditioning or bath kits or wifi. Fyi, Penang has free wifi in the city so you don't have to get your own data plan.
ok, back to Tune hotel. What I like about the room is it has everything you need, all your needs eg. hanger for your clothes, shower, luggage table are all placed strategically. I think they must have put in effort in arranging the room. there's one thing i like to comment, the toilet seat is too near the wall, if you were to sit on the toilet seat, your knees will hit the wall. that's the only complain i have for the room.
the shower area is spacious, i like that it's separated from the sink area so the area isn't wet and you can actually put on your clothes there without getting your clothes wet.
If you rented a car to drive around Penang, you can park your car at the parking lot behind the hotel at RM6 per entry. I would suggest, during the day, you parked else where because the parking ticket for half hour is only 40cents (you can get parking coupon at 7 eleven). For overnight park, tune hotel parking is recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank wpdhing
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the post stay review.

We take note of your comments regarding the toilet seat and I have wired it to the relevant parties for future consideration.

Glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay and we hope to see again in future.

Kajang, Malaysia
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This was great stay. The parking was RM6 per entry, but who cares, after all once you parked you can keep your car as long as you want till you check out entirely. This gives an opportunity to explore Georgetown and rest nearby POI within the island.

Room Tip: All rooms seems to have equal privacy level. So doesn't matter. :)
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Burn_Cherry
Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia
Reviewed July 25, 2014

This is the 5th time I stayed in Tune Hotel downtown Penang. Good location, easy to get food around, 5 minutes walking distance to Penang Road, around 10 minutes walking distance to KOMTAR (local bus terminal). Stayed in single room without windows. The room was clean and tidy, excellent house-keeping service, but very poor sound proof! Not recommended for those who are looking for quiet sleep environment. Laud noises from room next door and along the corridor. I would have expected this hotel to have better soundproofing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the positive review.

We regret to find that you had experienced some inconveniences from the noise level at our hotel.

We try our best to address complaint about the noise level based on the circumstances causing it. In some cases we move guests to a quieter end or even seek help from the security personal to have a chat with the adjacent offenders.

Please take note that in future, seek assistance from the front desk and I'm sure they would be able to sort this out for you.

On a separate note, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed the remaining parts of your stay

We hope to see you again in future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Hassle-free, affordable stay at Tune Penang. Comfy bed, excellent shower, functional and convenient in terms of location with restaurants nearby. Book early however as it tends to get fulll fairly quickly. And car park is limited, though you have the option of parking opposite the hotel along the road.

Room Tip: Higher floor gives the better view of Penang at night
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Seremban, Malaysia
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Every time I travelled to Penang I would stay at Tune...the hotel is situated 360 of places of interest and also good food courts at various famous streets in the surroundings. The nearby restaurant "Hai Onn" serves good chicken chop too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank cheerful7212
DeSilvaTunehotels, Manager at Tune Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. We are happy to hear that this is your return stay.

Tune Hotels not only provide value for money, but we are also situated close to public amenities, dining and shopping outlets.

Thank you for your continued patronage and we hope that you will stay with us again the next time you visit Penang.