“Location”

Tune Hotel Georgetown Penang
Ranked #35 of 84 Hotels in George Town
“Location”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Tune Hotel Penang is centrally located at Jalan Burmah, the heart of The Heritage City of Penang. Food courts, cafes ... are within walking distance. Easy excess to any tourist points. Room and bathroom are small but bed is quite comfortable. Sound proofing quality is not that good. Parking space are limited, we parked our car at the parking next to this hotel from 2.15am ~ 10.16am, it cost us RM25. But with this price, it's worth staying at Tune Hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Y3Krecipes
DeSilvaTunehotels, Manager at Tune Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review.

We are a limited service hotel; as such we provide the basic such as a bed and shower. Non-essential items such as air conditioning, WIFI, towels and parking are charged separately.

We regret to find that you had experienced some inconveniences from the noise level at our hotel. If I may suggest for you to take advantage of the front desk staff for assistance.

We try our best to address complaint about the noise level based on the circumstances causing it. In some cases we move guests to a quieter end or even seek help from the security personal to have a chat with the adjacent offenders.

Please rest assured, we will endeavour our very best in ensuring your stay is comfortable and trouble free.

At the same time, we are happy to find that your liked our room and location. So we hope you will come back again sometime in future.

Sharon De Silva-Customer Care Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed July 3, 2014

It was my second time staying at Tune Hotel Penang. Everything is perfect, the room was clean, location was okay, nothing to complain except one thing: I got check out at July 3rd 2014 before 11am, and was waiting for my flight to KL which was at 7pm, so I planned to put my luggage at the hotel and went arround the town. When I was asking the innkeeper named AUZAL he said we had to pay RM2 for each bag and when I asked for the receipt he said he wouldnt issue any receipt for that. I guess he took the money for himself. I was arguing with him and he said no sorry at all. Then when I was waiting for taxi at the lobby, I saw him told everyone about it, and when my mom walk outside and back she said everyone who he had told to was looking at her like she was an alien. It was not a good experience at all, not because the amount of the money but more like how he behaved to the guest. And I will think twice before go back to Tune Hotel Penang again.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for highlighting about the receipt.

I have forwarded your concerns to the operations team for action. At the same time, we will address your feedback about our staff and ensure that this never happens again.

We regret any inconveniences this have resulted and we hope to serve you better the next time you visit us.

Malaysia
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

I am a Tune hotel guest since few years back, every country that i had been to i usually will select Tune hotel as my stay. This car park issue is really moving me away from tune penang. The notice board stated, RM6 per entry, its little bit costly but still manageable! But one thing i really cannot tolerate is RM 6 per entry and a very small word stated per day! What a trick it is? And the AUNTY IS SUPPER BAD ATTITUDE! And this is gonna spoil the image of tune hotel, how can it be allowed? I will never gone back to this hotel again, highly not recommended.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Beth Y
DeSilvaTunehotels, Manager at Tune Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the review and your feedback about the parking rates which we will be taking into considerations.

I'm not sure about the aunty being rude though, please furnish further details to my e-mail at sharon.desilva@tunehotels.com. I would wish clarify on this matter further.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Staying at Tune Hotel Penang has always been a good choice for me if I am just looking for a place to rest n shower. When I am in Penang, most of the time I'll be out in the morning till night bcos it's time for makan (eat) lol.. Because there are so many good food! So it's good enough to stay in Tune plus it's convenient.

Yes, the room is kinda small but what do u except with the price u are paying? But their beds are really comfy :) and love their shower! Very strong water pressure.

Although have to pay for everything (A/C, towels, etc...) it's still worth it. Considering u have ur own bathroom with comfy bed and safety box and a ceiling fan. But I really don't like the parking system here. Paying rm6 per entry and VERY LIMITED parking space. So if you're late, you gotta find a parking elsewhere. Parking at New World overnight can cost u a bomb! Check before park.

And highlight of this post is regarding the cleanliness. I am very disappointed with Tune hotel this time as I found two BUGS (could be more!) next to my bed! The bugs look poisonous (with hard shell, two claws). When I first saw the bug, I got a shock and was relived it was caught. And thought it was just one bug around.

Later at night I saw another one smaller on my bed! I freaked out and luckily my partner managed to catch it. Next thing I knew there is definitely more bugs under my bed. The whole night I couldn't sleep well knowing it is possible for them to crawl next to me on the bed.

And the toilet's window is starting to show green moss. Need a little cleaning on that.

Overall, it's worth to stay if you don't mind small rooms. But Tune Hotel, please make sure you maintain your room cleanliness. It was really disappointing to know your room cleanliness has downgraded a bit.

Stayed June 2014

Thanks for the review.

We are happy to find that you have enjoyed your stay with us but had some issues with the cleanliness level and the creepy crawly bugs. We sincerely apologize for all of this.

Please connect with me directly at sharon.desilva@tunehotels.com with your stay details so that I could get this matter fixed.

Thank you for highlighting this to us and we hope to provide better service the next time you come by.

Mississauga
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We got exactly what we expected for the price of the hotel. A decent not excellent location, a bed which was clean and comfortable and an attached bathroom with a shower.
They offer a tour service downstairs which took us around town for 180RM, and provided us with a bus directly to our next location in Surat Thani Thailand for 120RM. There are restaurants close by and a convenience store attached to the hotel. If we go to Penang again, we will stay at the Tune Hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is not the first time that I have been staying in a Tune Hotel Penang.

I have always recommended Tune Hotel to my friends and family, should they ever visit Penang.
As I have always commented about Tune, they have comfortable beds, great shower, fast and efficient check in service as per my past reviews.

But this time, I really have to bring up to the management that they should really look into this bugs problem in their room. Caught 2 of them next to the headboard of the bed and another on the bedside table. They must be staying under the bed and building their nest there. I could not sleep well as I was worried about bugs crawling into my ears.

Other than the bugs, I would really highly recommend Tune Hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dianakpg
Dear Guest,

We apologize for what has happened during your recent stay.

Please connect with me directly at sharon.desilva@tunehotels.com with details of your stay so that we could check and rectify what had happened during your stay.

Thanks for highlighting this to us, we hope to serve you better the next time you come by.

Seremban, Malaysia
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Pros: good location, nearby a lot makan area, value for money, clean, power shower.
Cons: small room, noisy at night (cars passing by, noises from outside etc), no parking provided (limited parking spaces charge per entry RM6, gosh..), not so friendly staff (hard to get them smile i guess..)
Will i come again: Depend

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We apologize for not meeting the service standards you have come to expect from us.

As a limited service hotel, we provide the basics such as bed and shower. Car parking facilities are not part of our core product, henceforth, it's limited to first come first serve basis.

We take note of the front desk service and I have forwarded your feedback to the parties concern for action.

Thank you for your time to share this review with us, and we hope to provide better service the next time you come by.