Tune Hotel George Town Penang
$176
$161
$145
$125
G Hotel Gurney(George Town)
$145
$54
$52
$113
$90
G Hotel Kelawai(George Town)
$127
$108
Agoda.com
$68
$46
$93
$90
Priceline
Chulia Mansion(George Town)(Great Value!)
$36
$34
Agoda.com
1,356 results
All reviewsbudget hoteladd onspower showerstrategic locationthe ground floorrooms are smallbus stophot showercomfy bedaffordable pricewithin walking distancefood stallsparking spaceshort staylight sleepergurney drivekomtar
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Arrive at 3.30pm and room is ready.
The reception staff polite and smiling face.
Upon checking I notice that there are no television in the room.
Check with the reception, they informed that no television provided in the room.
A good stay for sleep only.
Comfortable bed and clean.
Good shower too.

Room Tip: Ask room that facing road side.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 22, 2013

It is my first time staying in this hotel with a bunch of good friends. We were thought it will turned out same as the room photos shown so we have no worried about the rooms. When we checked-in and realized the room is not as nice as shown in the photos. not totally different but it's obviously different ! The room is no soundproof !! so when my friends and I were talking in the room, outside of the room can actually hear clearly !! Beware of it ppl !! That's terrible , it's my first time staying in budget hotel with no soundproof ! I have not face this problem before! Parking lot is LIMITED and need to pay for parking !!! in short, disappointed about this hotel !

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
tuneh0tels, Manager at Tune Hotel George Town Penang, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Guest, Thanks for the review. The photos are what the rooms look like in optimum conditions. If we fail in delivering what we promise, please connect with the front desk team to assist during your stay. We try to seclude guests with noise concern to the quieter end of the building; higher floors will help to an extent. I hope if you come by next, we would be well equipped to serve you better. - Thanks for the review ( Regards- Manager- Customer Care)

Reviewed December 20, 2013

The first time I stayed here was Jan. of 2012, then again in July of 2013.

Jan. 2012 was a good experience- a cheap room with a nice bed and hot shower. Clean and centrally located, though very small, it was a satisfactory experience.

However I stayed her again in July 2013 and was really disappointed. I had high expectations from my first visit and unfortunately the hotel was already falling apart. The corners of the room, especially the shower and bathroom, had mold growing. The area behind the toilet (gross, I know) was very dirty. There was slashes on the paint on the walls b/c of items that had fallen off. One lamp next to the bed had a shredded lampshade. Overall wear and tear of the room was very obvious after only 18 months!

The worst thing was ants. We arrived in our room to find ants all over the floor and bed. We went downstairs and immediately ask to be moved. They complied without argument and did not seem apologetic or surprised which leads me to believe this is a common problem.

Our next room had ants too but not very many so we stayed. That's the room I described above.

Overall I would've recommended this hotel after my first stay but not my second. I will have to find a different option in Penang.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joy L

Dear guest, We apologize for the inconveniences. Housekeeping activities will be reviewed to ensure we welcome guests to clean, and comfortable rooms. Reviews keeps us informed about gaps in service and we appreciate all the input; both positive and constructive ones. Thanks for sharing your feedback- Rgds (Sharon De Silva-Manager)

Reviewed December 17, 2013

All in all the hotel is well located near to all the famous Penang must try foods and also few of the shopping mall. All of those is within walking distance of 5 to 10 minutes. I booked quad room and 3 double rooms. The staff there is kind enough to give me my rooms which is next to each other which makes my life easy. Just need some maintenance to the one of the bathroom ceiling and also basin is blocked in my another room, the rest of the rooms are in perfect condition.

Room Tip: Booked windows room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
tuneh0tels, Manager at Tune Hotel George Town Penang, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Tune Guest, Thanks for the review. Every of our hotels are located close to public amenities, and myriad of dining and shopping destinations. Comfort, cleanliness and convenience is something we pride ourselves on. Thanks for taking time to write us a review- Rgds (Sharon De Silva- Manager)

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We stayed 2 nights 3 days in a quad room; an adjoining 2 rooms with Queen bed & 2 single beds. Only RM240 for the two nights. Thank you very much Tune Hotel for providing unlimited flow of air con with comfy beds for us to rest our body after much walking at an affordable premium of RM30 per person a night! Indeed, the great shower jet rejuvenate us to an adventurous walk around Georgetown tirelessly.

Room Tip: Every room in Tune hotel is a good room. Just be silent when walking along the corridor to your room. AND do close the door as silently as possible!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest, Thanks for the great review. We hope to remain your preferred choice of stay at every chance Rgds- Sharon De Silva (Manager)