“Crappy hotel”

Tune Hotel Georgetown Penang
Ranked #38 of 87 Hotels in George Town
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I am very dissapointed in tune hotel.
The bed sheet have a blood stain
They only give 1 towel. My visit is for 3 nights. What a cheap crappy hotel. The soap is given for 1 days only.
I travel with my family and we are very dissointed.
And no breakfast.
For 130 ringgit, I can do better with another hotel.
After i checkout and go to another hotel, when i opened my suitcase, there are cockroach inside my suitcase. What a mess. That means there are cockroaches in tune hotel.
Oh my God . I thought in indonesia, the hotel is already unclean. But in penang, malaysia? The hometown of tunehotel and air asia? There can be a unclean hotel? Where are the prestige of your hometown?
This was my first and my last visit. I really wanted not to have that first visit.
It give me and my family a nightmare.
If i can give a zero in my rating,i will give 0 for my visit on tune hotel

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank felixard1481
Write a ReviewReviews (1,344)

Reviewed October 28, 2013

i understand some of the customer will say all of the service is need to pay,even aircon ,wifi,car park fee,but i totally can understand,coz the room fee is really cheap and tune hotel is not main at expensive and luxury,there main is cheap and comfortable,i think they have do what they say that is really cheap and comfortable,if u want to stay at luxury hotel and having a swimming pool at u room ,please dun choose TUNE HOTEL,they are provide a affordable room not Presidential Suite

Room Tip: tune hotel are all the best
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
tuneh0tels, Manager at Tune Hotel Georgetown Penang, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thanks for the review.

Booking early may get you rooms for a bargain. We adopt a minimalistic concept which offers the basic for a comfortable slumber experience.

Our rooms are clean,functional and all of properties are strategically located close to major shopping, sightseeing and business destinations. Nearby each hotel, you’ll find established convenience store operators and food & beverage outlets to give you reliable facilities within easy reach.

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Trip advisor.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Thank you.

Sharon- Customer Care Manager

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Staying in this lovely budget hotel in a strategic place, I really enjoyed my adventure in this town so much. I could go everywhere I want by walking or by bus. It's very close (15 minutes walking from Tune Hotel) to Komtar which all the bus from all destination in Penang Island must go to this place. I really loved staying in Tune Hotel, because I could have a nice rest after enjoyed the lovely city. :D

Thanks for the review.

Our location is normally a strong positive for our guests. As a limited-service hotel brand we focus on high quality basics, a 5-star bed and hot showers, housed within a clean and secure environment, always located centrally, all at extremely affordable prices.

Happy to know how we have met your requirements perfectly. Thanks for this review, It's a pleasure to welcome you always.

De Silva- Customer Care Manager

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Obviously this is not a 5 star hotel so do not expect 5 star treatment nor facilities. However for the price you pay, in my opinion, the hotel is not bad. Clean and comfortable bed and a good shower. It is not located in the heart of town but if you are willing to walk, it is about 5 -15 mins walk away from hawker centers/ food court. Actually, just around the corner from the hotel is New World Park where there is a local fare food court (food not great), Starbucks, Old Town White Coffee, chinese restaurant, and etc.

My only gripe about the hotel is the parking lot or the lack of it. The number of car park bays are limited. If you decide to drive out for dinner, pray you have a parking angel with you when you get back else you will need to look for alternate parking place, e.g along the roadside or inside New World Park behind.

Will I go back? Most likely. Like I said, you get what you pay for. Once you set the right expectation, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Some rooms are without windows and can be disconcerting to a claustrophobic.

Thanks for the review.

Tune Hotels requires extra payment for anything that is not an elemental part of a stay. ’’ We are a real treat for budget conscious back packers and perfect for people who just want a good price on a user pays basis.

For non-essential items such as TV, Wi-Fi, tea and coffee, guests only pay if they need them. The benefit of this efficiency is passed on to the consumer providing excellent value for money and low prices. As such this explains why car parking facilities or a pool isn't part of the Tune model.

All of our hotels are strategically located. Nearby each hotel, you’ll find established convenience store operators, food & beverage outlets to give you reliable facilities within easy reach.

Tune is a charm for the ones looking for a place that is clean, secure and value for money.

Thank you for tuning in and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future

Sharon - Customer Care Manager

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We understand that tune hotel is no frill hotel. Some people may think that it may not suitable for family with seniors and young kids. But my experience is tune hotel downtown penang is definately a good choice for family as there is a air-con ditional family room, it is actually two attached room with bathroom for each room. This is even better than others conventional hotel. My family likes the quality of bed and spacious toilet.

The hotel is located in middle the strategic location, it's not hectic like jalan penang and yet you can easily access to most eateries and shopping without drive.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank winphang
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

This was my 10th and the last time i'll be staying in this hotel. :D
It had been a year since my last visit. What I love about this hotel is simply because of the comfortable bed and refreshing shower for a cheap price. We never needed the air-con since we went out early morning and return pretty late at night. The rm6 per entry parking is simply ridiculous, almost like a rip off. The toilet at the basement floor which connects the parking lot to the lift stinks so bad that i have to hold my breath everytime i wanted to pass through. My bed was not clean, there were obvious dry blood spots on the sheet, and i get all itchy the next day. There was no hot shower when we returned at 1am. Simply put, tunes hotel penang is no longer convenient nor cheap. Found a better hotel, Goodhope Inn. :)

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank sicha123

Thanks for the review.

I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.

Comfortable bed and power shower makes Tune a charm for the ones looking for good value for money. Unlike regular hotels, we do not provide similar facilities that you may find at regular hotels, henceforth, car parking facilities are one of those that isn't an elemental part of the Tune model.

Take note of the feedback about the cleanliness. We have daily housekeeping scheduled and cases like this are purely isolated. We apologize. Please connect with the front desk so that we could work to make things right.

This review has been shared amongst the hotel team and I hope we would live up to your expectations when you come by next.

Warm Rgds,
De Silva-Customer Care Manager

Reviewed October 19, 2013

this is my second stay at tune hotel after 15month

the last round was about 15months ago

i was surprise the hotel was still in a good condition since opening as compare to other similar type

infact, service was improve as compare to my last stay

tune hotel shall remian my choice for any place available should i be travelling

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tune Hotel Guest,

I am delighted to hear of your return stay at Tune Hotels Downtown Penang. Thank you very much for the review.

Compliments are always wonderful; it makes us motivated to be acknowledged while we take great effort in seeing into each and every need of our guests.

We are glad in making your stay a pleasant and warmly memorable experience.

See you soon.