“Amazingly good value”

Ranked #107 of 977 Restaurants in George Town
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

A basic but very pleasant vegetarian indian restaurant. Staff were friendly, and the food was delicious. We ordered a few dishes to share, and were particularly keen on the special biryani and the vegetable masala.

1  Thank CatOxford

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Short of being in Big India, I've never loved an Indian restaurant as much as I did this one. Great value thalis with tasty curries. 35MYR to feed a family of four + one baby. It's great vegetarian food and it's cheap - what more could you want?!

1  Thank Adam079
Reviewed December 19, 2012

This place is absolutely brilliant and a real throwback to old India. The food is authentic, they offer specials every day and everything we tried was superb. Primarily southern Indian food and it is all vegetarian, if you are craving a good dosa, this is the place. And don't tell anyone, but it is incredibly good value too!

2  Thank pastygringo
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We had lunch there today. Only Thalis available. Not bad, but definitely not inspiring. In fact I found their choices dull. A rather uninspiring visit and well short of my expectation after recommendation from a friend.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The restaurant is air-conditioned and looks clean. It's not surprising that the restaurant is crowded with the locals and tourists. The food is relatively cheap. The menu has a wide variety of choices. So you need to know what to order as not everything is good. I would recommend the channa batura. It is chick pea masala served with something like fried bread. It is awesome! The garlic fried rice is also good. Another dish to try is the onion or tomato uthappan which is like pizza. We didn't order the ala carte dishes as I was told that it is not that good. One thing I like about this place is that the drinking water served in silver glasses is free! The sweets that are sold outside this restaurant is worth trying especially the ones which are made from Pistacchio or cashew nuts. All in for the 6 of us, we only paid RM23 for 7 types of food! Will definitely go back to this place when I'm in Penang.

2  Thank yellowie8