“Gurney Drive Food Stalls”
Review of Gurney Drive

and up
Private Half-Day Penang Tastebuds Tour
Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Gurney Drive Food Stalls”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I'm looking at it from my window across the street. I very seldom eat there. It was great 30 years ago. The best food is at the street stalls in Georgetown. However, you still see a lot of tourists eating at Gurney Drive, but very few locals.

Visited December 2013

• Thai first
Klang, Selangor, Malaysia
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Let me reach there first”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

20 years ago, I tried Gurney Drive and I thought the hawker food was good. Many years has passed and over a few tries, I gave up trying to go Gurney Drive. Why? Because I drive. Getting there with the jam is impossible. Finding the parking is another issue. Many times, just gave up trying. Recently, tried Northam Beach Cafe and thought it was excellent. Beats trying that hard for a Char Kuay Teow in Gurney Drive

Visited December 2013
2 Thank danewtl
Sydney, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great food at great value”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a must do in Penang and if you only have the amazing chicken and beef satay and the great fresh juices its worth the taxi to get here. It gets going around 6pm and is super cheap whilst good quality and fresh! Worth walking to Gurney mall too which is next door to walk off the meal, and look around some good shops.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank FreedaMagic
Dillenburg, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'd go there again any time”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was a little surprised that the reviews of this place are so mediocre. Sure, it was quite full and I also noticed the beggars, but I never felt uncomfortable.

I came here because of a recommendation to eat the Assam Laksa and also had some Char Kuey Teow. I can only say that I really enjoyed my food as well as the atmosphere. I could not tell you whether there are better places to go because I was just on a very brief visit in Penang: So much tasty food ans so few time :-)

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Andreas S
Singapore, Singapore
402 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 317 helpful votes
“Nice Food All Over One Place”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a must visit place in Penang where you can find all the nice and cheap food all under one roof. Usually it will be crowded in the evening after 6pm and so good to be there early.

Recommended food: Penang Laksa, Chay Kueh Teow, Chendol, Cheng Teng, Satay, Rojak.

Visited December 2012