Most convenient and cheap transport from Kuala Lumpur is to take a coach from Pudu Raya Bus Terminal to Lumut. Once alight at Lumut bus station, jeti is just few minutes walk and the boat fees to Pangkor Island cost RM10 for a return trip and the journey takes around 20 minutes.
At Pangkor Island, there are plenty of taxi and no need to negotiate but good to ask in advance. It took 15 minutes by taxi (van) from jetty passing Bogak Bay to Nipah Bay Villa right on the door step. It is about 150m walk to the beach. Stayed in the standard double villa for 3 nigths. Staff is quite friendly. Room is quite spacious but need maintenance, bathroom very moldy but good water pressure, linen are tired and worn and aircon dusty. No heating kettle, no safety box and no hair dryer facilities. Wifi is weak. Breakfast served at RM10 and good choices of western food.
Nipah Bay has good beach which is about 400-500m long but both ends has two waste water drain which are dirty and full or rubbish which is ashamed.
Nipah Bay has many local Malay food stores, few serve western food but no Chinese food. There are many shops and restaurants near the jeti. Pasir Bogak Bay which is less than 10 minutes by taxi van has good varieties of good Chinese restaurant.
RM30-40 to rent motorbike, boat trip to opposite island + island hopping cost RM20. RM70 to rent taxi van for 2hrs trip circling the island. Island nearby has good location for snorkeling with great corals, fishes, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideal for Families/Honeymooners/Group. Cafetaria is available. All rooms are fully air-conditioned,bathroom attached hot shower, t.v(Astro 6 channels). A friendly and homely atmosphere. A walking distance to the beaches (2 minutes walking distance), near by shop outlets. Nipah Bay Villa located on the coast is easily accessible from Teluk Nipah, which is becoming something of a boom town, where there are splendid beaches, with perfect cove and crystal-clear sand and near by Coral Beach (5 Minutes Walking distance) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Nipah Bay Villa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nipah Bay Villa Hotel Pangkor
- Nipah Bay Villa Pangkor, Pulau Pangkor