We agree with all of the wonderful things that other guests have said, so we will review Nipah from a family perspective.
Both Alicia and Anuar took time to get to know our kids, by the time we left we felt like we had become part of the Nipah family. This is a safe, healthy environment for families. The children played soccer in the large open space in front of the a-frames, as well as worked on school and art in the common space. We felt great because our children were able to be themselves, run around, play with A&A's little daughter and know that their presence was wanted there. Other traveling families will know how important this is. We enjoyed the DIY breakfast. The common area has a guest fridge so we made our own lunch using the available dishes and cutlery. A tip would be to go to one of the large supermarkets near Lumut (if possible) and stock up on a few things, as groceries are limited to the basics on the island.
It is a short walk to the nicer beach and the little village. Nice to be set off the main road as it is very quiet at night. Alicia and Anuar went out of their way to make sure that we had all we needed and were always able to offer tips on where to go to eat and even on where to go once we left Pangkor Island.
This kind and lovely couple are putting everything they are into this guesthouse and it shows! While there we were invited by other guests to join in their Italian feast they were making for A&A and we also got to celebrate Nipah's #2 Guesthouse in Malaysia Award from Trip Advisor. What fun! We planned to stay for one week, but stayed for 10 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nipah Guesthouse is a small and humble family-run guesthouse located in Nipah Bay and is a 5-minute walk from Nipah Beach and a 10-minute walk from Coral Beach. It offers tastefully decorated accommodation nestled in peaceful low-density surroundings. Each cosy room at Nipah Guesthouse Pangkor is fitted with attached bathroom and shower, air-condition, LCD TV and free wifi. There is an outdoor dipping pool and 4 cabanas for our in-house guests to use at any time. Guests will feel 'Home Away From Home'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Nipah Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nipah Guesthouse Hotel Pangkor
- Nipah Guesthouse Pangkor, Pulau Pangkor