Pangkor Sandy Beach Resort
Pangkor Guesthouse SPK(Pangkor)(Great Value!)
$27
$24
Pangkor Waterfall Beach Resort(Pangkor)(Great Value!)
$17
  • Free Internet
The Island Hotel(Pangkor)(Great Value!)
$25
$19
Best Stay Hotel Pangkor Island(Pangkor)(Great Value!)
$25
$51
$47
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssuper deluxe roomswimming poolthe ground floorspoon restaurantthe ownerseafoodfew stepsbanana boatcomfortable stayfamily tripbeautiful landscapelocal dishesisland hoppingthe room was nicejet skibasic facilitieschalet room
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Lovely small hotel with good pool and loungers, and direct access to sandy beach/bay and sea. A tranquil spot to unwind. Small informal restaurant/cafe/bar that is part covered or you can sit nearer the sea. Attentive Indian owner. A variety of curries feature on the simple but good menu; breakfast buffet good range with 'egg' cook. In March the beach was only 'dirty' at the far end - well-washed bits of sea-borne plastic, synthetic rope etc, but the sandy bay was otherwise very clean and sea a delight to swim in as sunset approached. Great location after hectic tours of Malaysian/Singapore cities. Very good value.

Room Tip: Ground floor - straight onto pool; though were garden chalets nearer sea
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed for one night only, but enough for me to make sincere reviews of 'Pangkor Sandy Beach Resort'. I've paid 'MUCH MORE' in other resorts, but what I received was 'LESS' than what I've expected. Unlike in 'PSBR', I sincerely felt that I've received more than what I've paid for. I was impressed by the well kept and clean Standard Room with one Queen sized bed, and the front view of well tended garden and pool. The strategic location offers convenience to stroll along the nearby beach, and walks to the nearby shops. Room facilities were in perfect condition. Free breakfast at 'Sandy Spoon' was good and 'PSBR' staff were warm and friendly. My best experienced there was, the chance of meeting and having a friendly chat with Mr. A. Rajaram the Director of PSBR himself. Thank you Mr. A. Rajaram for such good experience that my husband and I had in PSBR.

Room Tip: "Lower grd., front room No. 111 was perfect for senior citizens like us".
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed in this resort for 3 nights and we had a nice big room near the beautiful pool. Ask for a room downstairs, upstairs is not so nice. The garden and surroundings are well kept in shape. The owner wants people to feel they are at home and he is succesfull I think. The beach is small and not so clean. Breakfast is perfect, the small restaurant offers drinks and food all day. You can walk to shops, bike rental and restaurants in a few minutes. Biking on Pangkor is nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room downstairs
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for 4 nights during my stay in Pangkor. Pasir Bogak is not the nicest beach at all though hotel is right on the beachfront.
I had standard room in the second floor without balcony. The floor was covered by carpets which seemed bit bizarre to me. During cleaning, cleaning ladies used some detergents that required opening all windows once we entered.
Staff was not really the best I have seen. When we had trouble with underperforming air con they could not really understand what was wrong. Moreover I saw some of the sleeping in the restaurants.
Breakfast was ok even though not offering too much variety.
Overall our stay was ok though nothing special to return back for.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights which was a little too long for such a small island. The room (we stayed in a beach chalet) was clean and had the basic necessities but nothing more.
Location to beach was great, you coud see it from our balcony. Staff friendly and pool was clean. Buffet breakfast was pretty crap.
We visited during Ramadan so the island was pretty deserted and most restaurants were closed. Wifi in the room was good. The island has a massive stray dog and cat problem and quite a bit of litter around.
Overall we enjoyed our stay but 3 nights would be plenty.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple