“Good for relaxing”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Lumut
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good for relaxing”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Reach there abit late around 7, I made my booking via their website, unfortunately my details were not there. The girl at the desk ask me to wait for 10 min, she need's to call the agent and download 3rd party booking information. Then came another guy saying every thing is taken care of and I'm luckyI have a room!

Got the keys, check-in to the room, clean and neat. I remember booking garden view @ 280 per night, unfortunately I got parking lot view, good thing was can see my car! Went down to reception to verify, the counter girl confirmed the parking view is also known as garden view !

Woke up the next morning, pretty decent breakfast, but too many flies, even in close doors.

Big swing pool. beach and sea water was pretty dirty. Don't think they can do much abt this, but no.

Dinner at the Thai restaurant on day 1. extra oil all all dishes, high price for kind of food served. (flies were part of dishes)

Dinner on day 2 at (same pls as breakfast) We had alakat, decent price and friendly waitress.

One only pub below the lobby, high price for diluted beer. RM 28++ per mug (60% water + 40% beer)

Overall it was a good stay. Long drive from KL, bad signage (got lost after Jusco)

It's also a long drive out if you plan to look for proper food, nearest town will be Setiawan or Lumut (plc to eat and shop)

Room Tip: If you are booking on-line, pls call them to reconfirm, also confirm the room view.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mr-Bat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Shah Alam, Selangor, Malaysia
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I planned for Pangkor Island but suddenly Swiss-Garden came into the list since I've read some reviews for reasonable price hotels in Pangkor. I might say the hotel is good for people who wants to be isolated and relax. I stayed for 2 night with family.

Not so much to say..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank QuMustafa
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Room rate was not expensive on Agoda.com SGD 96 net and you can get a decent room with breakfast inclusive but no free wifi. We took a coach from Ipoh straight to Lumut and from Lumut bus station, we had to take a non-registered car transfer to take us to the Resort and it cos RM 60 per trip. It is a little bit scary but we have no choice coz no free shuttle from the Resort to take you there.

Upon arrival no more non-smoking room and we had to take the smoking room, given #202, however, above the WC was leaking and when call to the Operator and request for a room change, she replied "No, we call Engineering to come and fix for you" and when strongly request for a room change as we needed to use the toilet urgently, she have no choice but put me to the Reception....again...she said to wait for the Engineering to fix ...after much negotiation, she finally agree and said "OK, i can give you #201, just next to you but you have to return me the room key first"....OK...thought that was helpful although I had to walk back to the Reception to return the key and get a new key by myself.

New room #201 was OK, no smoke smell although is a smoking room. We head down to the Garden Terrace and had a good meal (fish & chips, not bad). I would say the pool is nice...I guess their occupancy is not high and not much guest using the pool....feel relaxing by the pool but their steam and sauna is out of order, thought of letting my sister to experience the sauna but no chance. The Jacuzzi was nice and relaxing....

website says: "With this latest renovation, guests have the choice to dine-in at this new eating scene or alfresco dining at the cover terrace. Garden Terrace serves buffet meals, from Asian to Western recipes." but there were no buffet serve during the dinner, what a big disappointment for me and my sister.

Breakfast was OK, not much selection but at least is a buffet style and with eggs station, one thing to note...there are many flies in the Resorts...you have to be patient while eating coz you need to constantly chase or fan the flies away.

Departure is fine, bill was accurate and departure transfer seems alright, this time I paid RM50 instead of RM60...so....was I been cheated by the non-registered so call taxi driver? be aware when you come to this Resort...

Room Tip: high floor and facing the sea would be an ideal
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kuantan, Malaysia
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Check-in 10/10/2012: Arrival at 10.25pm which it took about 30 minutes from main road. The receptionist quite fast on doing the check-in process and have all the details for check-in. Not efficient enough whereby visitor still need to key write in their particular details i.e. Address, phone number altought we already sent the LOU to hotel.

The Hotel is quite peaceful and suitable for the family vacations instead of business trip. The room allocation for corporate rate is similar as other normal booking. WiFi facility need to use the prepaid card and bot inclusive to the room bill.

The best part, the hotel having a complete outdoor equipment i.e. Bannana boat, buggy, golf, volly ball etc. I did try the kayaking along the beach. Nice view toward the Pulau Pangkor.

Breakfast was so nice but got so many flies which disturbing the environment. 4 Star hotel should'nt have this problem.

Check-out 11/10/2.

• Stayed October 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Room was a nice size. Pool is very nice. The grounds of the resort are nice too. The sea looked nice but swimming was forbidden due to jellyfish. The resort is far away from the main roads so outside of resort and Pankor island there isn't much to do without it being a day trip. Restaurants were good, bar was nice too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Malaysia
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Good. Lots to do at this hotel. The pools is quite nice and has a waterfall feature that increases the fun factor for the kids. We tried out the ATV and the kayaks at the hotel. The room we booked was large enough to put a pull out bed in without feeling cramped.

The bad. The staff tried, I think the service generally is okay but when we checked in they didn't ask us what room we preferred and gave us a twin when we had indicated on booking that we preferred a king bed in the room. The rooms are little tired and it was rather curious that they had 2 of the same paintings hung on the same wall. I didn't peak behind but I suspect that I would have found a stain of sorts.

The ugly. Yes, there were flies. If it was outside, I wouldn't have blamed the hotel management too much as that would not have been within their control but it was in the all day dining area which was enclosed. There wasn't enough done to keep the flies away from the restaurant much less the food. It wasn't great having breakfast with flies hovering about, some I suspect are very much accustomed to guests there, as they reluctantly move away when shooed. I must confess though what really sucked for me was the soap they gave. It stinks, no I mean literally, the soap that they provide in the bathroom stinks of some weird chemical. I suspect it may be a deliberate tactic to minimise guests taking soap home. May that's what the flies are attracted to.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank PLKV2000
Penang, Malaysia
Reviewed September 25, 2012

We enjoyed the pool and beach. The pool was very inviting and the Beach was just perfect for us to get lost in a book. We did not get bored at the hotel.

However, similar to other who have experienced, flies are everywhere. It was there when we check in, it was there in our room, it was there when we were at the pool, and at occasion the nice relaxing afternoon at the beach are intruded by flies. Its like a Fly hotel.

The King Size bed is huge and comfortable, however, the pillows are smelly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank KewLAng
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lumut
Marina Island Pangkor Resort & Hotel
Coral Bay Resort, Pangkor
Sfera Hotel
Sfera Hotel
#3 of 19 in Lumut
Mornington Hotel Waterfront Lumut
Pangkor Laut Resort
Pangkor Sandy Beach Resort

Been to Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Damai Laut? Share your experiences!