Tripadvisor
Ipoh
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

I stayed there for 3 days and 2 nights to see Tempatan Fest. The staff were very friendly. The room was comfortable. Food was great. Awesome place to hangout with friends. Near Pasar Karat and centre of the city. Balok People is a cool band, btw! ☺️

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 18, 2018

I am a little on the fence about Chokodok Reggae House.

On one hand, the people here are real friendly and really makes you feel at home. For the price it offers, it's definitely value-for-money.

Not exactly in the city center, but just a short 10-minute walk from the bridge which connects it to the old town. And the good thing is that the surrounding area where Chokodok Reggae House is based in does come alive at night, so for those who fancy a little night food hunting and shopping, this is definitely a pro.

The room, on the other hand, feels a little stuffy with minimum ventilation. And I'm not exactly a fan of the bathroom cleanliness (or lack thereof). I suppose as a place where you return to just for a quick sleep and leave afterwards, this isn't a bad place, but do adjust your expectation. It's still a budget accommodation after all.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Andrew D
Reviewed December 6, 2017 via mobile

We have not spend a night here because we always stay with friends when we are in Ipoh but we do always come back here for the great food and drinks, chilled overall vibe and very friendly staff. There's live music almost every night and the place seems to attract the nice type of customers to keep the atmosphere very relaxed :)

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2017 via mobile

This place called me in. Music is great. A great way to chill out at night in Ipoh drinking some fruit juices (no alcohol available there) and watching the beautiful architecture of the city. The owner is an interesting fellow: Thank you for everything.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Note: This review is not about the backpackers accommodation but only the shisha cafe.

I'm a shisha lover and every time I go to Ipoh I will be hunting for a shisha place (there are almost none in Ipoh). Was driving around the city with my wife when we stumbled upon this place (purely accidental).

I have to say that this is an awesome shisha place. Extremely friendly staff, nice decor and plenty of things to see and learn from their walls too. Atmosphere is great with people from all ethnicities, a rare sight where you see Malays, Chinese, Indians and many other foreigners sitting at the same place smoking shisha, sipping drinks and socialising.

A highly recommended place to "lepak".

Date of stay: September 2017