“our family's favourite restaurant”
Review of Yum yum

Yum yum
Ranked #33 of 712 Restaurants in Ipoh
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2019

we bring visitors to Ipoh to eat here for our favourite dishes at reasonable prices in aircond comfort though the restaurant is often packed from 7pm onwards. Our recent visit was with a local friend formerly from Malacca married to an American and they both enjoyed the mango kerabu (watch out for the chilli padi seeds) and Pandan chicken (wellmarinated and grilled wrapped in pandan leaves - aromatic and flavoursome), Yum Yum signature egg dish (we order a Large portion every visit), and their towfoo dishes. The restaurant lives up to the name Yum Yum! Our American friend who has been staying in Penang for 2 years, treated us to the dinner and was pleasantly surprised at the very reasonable prices, and wants to make anothe visit to Ipoh just to eat at Yum Yum again.!

Date of visit: April 2019
1  Thank 19atan
Write a reviewReviews (116)

Reviewed February 21, 2019 via mobile

My lovely wife and I came here for dinner one evening. I'd heard great things about their fish head curry so was keen to give it a go. I'm so glad I did as it was totally delicious. It was the first time I'd ordered fish head and I was surprised at just how much yummy white meat there was on one. The assam curry sauce that it came with was fiery but really good. My wife didn't fancy sharing on this occasion, which is not like her, so she ordered prawns with pineapple. Another excellent dish. Lots of prawns and a not too spicy coconut based curry sauce. We also shared a plate of beansprouts, a couple of small portions of rice and a pot of jasmine tea bringing the total bill to RM75. Not the cheapest but worry every cent. Highly recommended. PS arrive early if you don't want to queue - we got there not long after 6pm and it was nearly full already.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank eddymaya
Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

Hadn't been back for sober time and happy to still find excellent quality, great choices and service. Definitely a great place for a great Chinese meal.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank beaunestay
Reviewed December 26, 2018 via mobile

Visited on 23rd Dec 2018 for dinner.

Advisable to make a reservation before going there. The staff to take order is friendly and will give advice on the portion of the dish and which is recommended. The pandan chicken is the most recommended.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank Loey1031
Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Food here is quite tasty. Love the Pandan chicken and fish head curry. The decor is nice but may be a bit too cramp to certain people. I would love it more if the seating wasn't that cramp up.

Date of visit: September 2018