“Best value for money”

Ranked #10 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Putrajaya
“Best value for money”
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Being a government officer in HQ requires me to do a lot of travelling and this is my third time in Ipoh for official reasons this year alone. Having stayed at different hotels only to feel frustrated prompted me to try Regalodge hotel and to my surprise I must admit that this is one of the best hotel that I have ever checked-in into. For the most affordable rate, they offer you cozy room with flat lcd tv and dvd player. I will strongly recommend this hotel to my colleagues and am surely looking forward to staying in this hotel should I come to Ipoh again be it for leisure or business. Will appreciate it if the hotel management try to get Halal certificate for its food. (eventhough the staff ensured us that all the food served is Halal)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
DixonChai, Assistant General Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, April 23, 2010
Dear drmdarif,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you for wrote us such a wonderful feed back.

We are delighted you had an renewing stay with us as well as enjoyed the facilities and services we provided among the others.

We assured that the food in our restaurant are served halal. Understand that you are in concerned without Halal certificate, we also did received some of the same feed back from others guest too. Please rest assured, we will take note on this and apply it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your constructive feedback again. We look forward to welcome you either business or leisure bring you back to Ipoh again!

Warm regards,
Regalodge Hotel Ipoh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
the Netherlands
Reviewed April 13, 2010

My husband and i spent three nights at the Regalodge in Ipoh - we had intended to travel the Jungle Railway to Kota Bahru but flooding forced us to change our plans.
We booked the Regalodge from our guest house in Melaka, and the reservation was efficiently made. We were very surprised to hear that there were NO "No Smoking" rooms at all in the hotel, but the girl at the desk made sure that our room was on a level with wooden floors, so that we were affected as little as possible. Still, an entirely "Smoking" hotel? It threw us a bit.
Our room was brilliant: very comfortable, nice extras. The breakfast was better one day than it was the next. The girls at the desk seemed to have very little local know-how, and there was a definite lack of pertinent tourist information. A shame.
Ipoh has so much to offer!
The Tourist Office is, strangely enough, closed during the weekend, so there we were, with no idea what to see and how to see whatever we should see. Luckily, we got to know Sami, a taxidriver, who took us under his wing and showed us the amazing Cave Temples outside Ipoh, and Kellie's Castle, and who also devoted a whole day to showing us around the nearby Cameron Highlands. I, personally, would like to visit Ipoh again, as I am sure I missed a lot of wonderful old shops and tradespeople and cafes...but maybe next time?
An aside: one of the selling points of the Regalodge was, for us, the involvement of management in - for example - these tripadvisor reviews. I find it a very positive aspect, this taking the time to react to the experiences of former guests. Coincidentally, we got talking to another prospective guest who was considering the Regalodge for precisely that reason: the friendly reactions to criticism on tripadvisor.
That particular prospective guest did not stay - due to the nicotine air in all the rooms - but this indicates how important it is that hotels LISTEN.
I would stay there again in a second, and I hope I get the chance to!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
DixonChai, Assistant General Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, April 15, 2010
Dear Lynn_vdV,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us.

We are well aware that without a non-smoking floor is a negative point of the hotel somehow. Guest demand is the motivation for us to change, we are however gathered comments from our guest so far and pleased to announce that it is possible to implement non-smoking floor starting soonest next year or the next two year!

I am regret that our front office assistant unable to provide sufficient information of attractions for your reference. I have shared your experience to our front office executive, please assured necessary action will be taken for improvement.

Overall, i am delighted that you had a renewing stay with us. Thank you for your support, please rest assured we always take our guest comment seriously.

We look forward to welcome you for your next visit in soonest future when the chance has come. Thank you!

Best Wishes,

Reviewed April 12, 2010

I stayed in this 26 Nov 2009 with my family during Raya Haji holiday. It is a good hotel with clean room and cosy bed. Staff is friendly.

Do not understand why spa is for men only. It should be extended to all.

Good location close to eating places.

Would recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed November 2009
Dear Syeen,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you very much for wrote us a review at TripAdvisor.

Delighted to heard that you had an enjoyable stay with us last year.

We understand the inconvenience that our Regal Spa only allowed men to entry, due to most of the spa guests are gentleman, so it might not convenience for ladies. However, we could accommodate our guest if they doesn't mind to share the facilities together. Please kindly accept our apologize for the inconvenience.

We look forward the opportunity to welcome you this year either business or holiday bring you back to Ipoh again!

Best wishes,
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We were a group of 3 families and had booked 4 separate rooms- 1 executive suite and 1 deluxe room for me and my family and 2 superior rooms for my extended family.

At first glance, this hotel looked smaller than the pictures of it on the website. Furthermore, there were some restoration or re-tiling works being done right at the entrance and we could see that the wall wasn't in a good condition. We were also very unhappy with the fact that we had to walk right under the spot where the works were being done..I mean, we had children and babies with us and we had to walk under the ladder where people were drilling and applying glue etc..you get my point. It was very dangerous! The least the hotel management could do was to provide an alternative route/entrance for its customers right? So at first glance, we really thought that this hotel isn't a good one and we had been fooled by the website. However, upon checking in, we were told that soft drinks (coke and 100 plus), 2 bottles of mineral water and peanuts were complimentary, and as suite guests, we'd get 30 minutes complimentary shoulder massages for 2. Other rooms got 20% off all massages. We were ecstatic!!! How wonderful!!! I mean we've been to 5 star hotels..yet even they don't even provide this to their guests!
When we went into our rooms we were very happy as the rooms were spacious and all aircons were fully functioning, bathrooms/toilets were very clean, LCD tv with Astro in all the rooms were working wonderfully..and my suite even had a working DVD player in it too!! The other plus is that the Deluxe room even had a sofabed in it! So it was like the room had 2 beds in it..1 queen sized and 1 twin. Ain't that something??! Awesome! I was even provided with a complimentary baby cot for my baby to sleep in. How convenient.
The amenities were more that we'd hope for..there was a hairdryer, a shaver, 2 toothbrushes with toothpastes, foam baths, shampoo, soaps, comb, clothes line, facial tissue, toilet rolls, 1 mirror in the room, 1 big one in the bathroom plus 1 small one for shaving, 2 bathrobes, 2 bath towels, 2 face towels, 2 hand towels. The rooms also had functioning safes and minibar/fridge. We were also given free breakfast daily for 2 persons.
What's even more wonderful about this hotel is that we were given 30 minutes body massages instead of just shoulder massages as mentioned in the coupons. And as the housekeeping staffs replenished our tea, coffeee, sugar satchets, mineral waters and soft drinks plus our toiletries daily, we were also given body massages at the massage parlour daily for free!!! Talk about convenience and comfort at their very best! This was really posh and luxurious! There were even 2 computers at the lobby that had internet connection for us to use for free.
The only mishap for my room was that on the 2nd day of our stay the aircon broke but they transferred us to a similar room right away and even gave us a stand fan while we packed! So, great on them for being so fast to react.
We were very happy to stay at this hotel and would reccommend others to do so. We might even go there again. If only the men's spa, gym and jacuzzi could be used by women too I'd rate it as a 10 star hotel! Anyway, we really enjoyed our stay and will go there again. But we do hope that the carpets will be changed soon as they're getting a bit tired-looking, kinda dusty and had this musty smell to it. And also, we hope that the hotel staff would be friendlier and smile more and speak more politely to their guests. Other that that, the hotel is wonderful!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank luv2travelverymuch
DixonChai, Assistant General Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, March 30, 2010
Dear luv2travelverymuch,

Greetings!

Thank you so much for wrote us such a wonderful compliment.

We are so sorry to heard that you had a bad impression upon your arrived regarding our re-tilling work at the main entrance. Guest safety is one of our major concern, during the re-tilling process, certain safety practices has been done to ensure the safety of our guest to pass by the entrance. However, we are unaware of our guests anxious about the insecurity and should have arrange another route to walk through. Please accept our sincere apologize for the inconvenience caused and rest assured we will make the plan as comprehensive as we can before the process in the future.

Besides, we are so delighted to hear you had a renewing stay with us and enjoy our services and facilities from the hotel and the reflexology centre in overall.

We will take your advice and keep up our standard of service. Once again, thank you for your constructive feedback. We look forward to welcome you either business or leisure bring you back to Ipoh again!

Penang, Malaysia
Reviewed March 14, 2010

This was my second time staying in Regalodge Hotel, Ipoh. I left my review here on my first vist which wasn't a really great one due to the unpleasant service from the front desk. The hotel did call me up to offer free room, which impressed me so much, but beacuse Ipoh wasn't in my itinery for the next few months, I had turned it down. BUT, I always remember the good gesture.

It was also due to this good gesture from the hotel management that I had decided to give it one more try and I was GLAD that I did. My partner and I was on the way back to Penang from Tanjung Malim, on a food trip, something that we do quite often. We had decided on the last minute to spend the night in Ipoh instead of driving all the way back to Ipoh. Estimating that we will be arriving in Ipoh at around 1am, I had called Regalodge Hotel and made room reservation for Superior Room which was RM133 per nite. The reservation was a breezy and friendly one.

Reaching Ipoh at around 1am, we proceeded directly to check-in at Regalodge. The parking spaces in front of the hotel was full, but that was OK, as we park just at the shop lot in front of the hotel. I have to praise the guard in charge at that time. He kept watchful eyes on us while we were unloading our stuff front the car. My luggage wasn't zipped while we were walking into the hotel, he even reminded me about that, thank you very much, it made us feel safe.

Checking-in was another pleasant surprise. It was a breeze and the front desk guy in charge had decided to upgrade us to a suite instead of the superior room we had booked at no extra charge. The suite was big with a sofa, one table, 2 single sofa seats, DVD player, big LCD TV, vanity table and mirror, bath robe, iron and ironing table, safe and etc. There are plenty of space to walk around too, nice. All the basic amenities are provided, and of course with 2 packs each of Ipoh white coffee and Boh Milk Tea. After a long drive from Penang to Tanjung Malim and forth, it was really relaxing and nice to stay in the room. Our initial plan was to go out and get some food from McDonald's after checking-in but we had abandoned the idea. I was watching Astro due to the wide array of channels provided while my partner was online, enjoying the strong WiFi signal in the room.

Checking-out was as normal, but another pleasant surprise we had was that when getting our car we noticed that the hotel had paid for the parking fees for us by putting up the scratchable parking ticket at our car. This was because the parking space we parked belonged to the Majlis Perbandaran. How nice and attentive is this? Very....

I will definitely come back to Regalodge on my next trip to Ipoh. I wish they have special rate for frequent stay at the hotel, lol. I am also glad that I've decided to give this hotel a second try and this time it proved to be a good one. The next time I come back, we will most probably book the suite as the price is reasonable given the nice room you get.

Going to KL next week for a business trip, most probably will be staying in Shangrila KL, will post my review then. Bye for now.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
DixonChai, Assistant General Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, March 29, 2010
Dear fretraveller,

We are delighted to heard from you again and some of the good impression from you and your companion. Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to stay with us again.

We truly appreciate your constructive comments. I will share with the team and believed it will definitely gain their morale and keep up the service.

Our pleasure to have you stay with us again. We look forward to welcoming you at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh in the soonest future!

Singapore
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Traveled along with my fiancee to Ipoh to visit her family over the first weekend in January. We somehow tried to contain costs and were searching for a good deal and found it at the Regalodge.

I made a internet booking three days prior booking, quoting my credit card details to guarantee the room regardless of the time we arrive and was impressed that the hotel called me the next day to ensure whether I got their confirmation mail (I indeed did). Was not so pleased that they intended to bill my credit card the same day they confirmed the room to me, that seemed a bit weird to me and after the following discussion I wasn't that sure anymore whether my booking has been downgraded to a not guaranteed booking or not. However, no problem with getting the room as we found out upon arrival.

The room spacious and clean, no complaint about that. The whole hotel is equipped with free wifi internet, liked that too.

Upon checking in, we got a set of vouchers (breakfast, spa, massage), the first day we overslept the breakfast, on the second day we found out that we haven't missed much but it is still okay, especially since it is included into the decent room rate.

Haven't used the Spa but cashed in the massage voucher. My fiancee was quite please with hers but I was actually wondering what sort of training the ladies doing the massage have undergone. Since they were Mainland Chinese and I am a Westerner, it was very good to have my Chinese fiancee with me to overcome the language gap :-).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
DixonChai, Assistant General Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, January 25, 2010
Dear thehamburgian,

Thank you very much for your time to wrote us a review at Trip Advisor.

For security purposes, guaranteed reservation 100 percent of the first night will be charge before one day of the day of arrival. Our front office assistant will contact our guest to seek permission as well as to confirm the reservation. Please accept our sincere apologize for the confusion.

We are currently in progress to upgrading our online reservation system and hopefully it could minimize the confusion and unpleasant of our current system.

Overall from your review, we are delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and our service.

It is our pleasure to have you staying with us again. My team and I look forward to welcome you to Regalodge Hotel Ipoh either leisure or business bring you back again!

sydney
Reviewed January 1, 2010

We decided to stay at the hotel after reading good reviews on this site. We booked for four days but stayed only one, 19th December 2009. We were in Ipoh to visit family and friends. When friends discovered that we were stayng there they were quite surprised at our choice because of thelack of standard. We wanted to book the deluxe rooms but they were full (although we booked a month in advance) and we were stuck with the standard rooms. The rooms were small and cramped with thin walls, noisy air conditioning and a perpetual unpleasant lingering odour. Parking was an issue with limited spaces. The spa was strictly for men only. In conclusion the hotel did not live up to expectations, was disappointing and not an enjoyable experience.
In writing this review, I had to rate this hotel and there is only a choice of 'excellent' or 'very good' neither of which I agree with.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
DixonChai, Assistant General Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, January 3, 2010
Dear savvytraveller_2009,

Thank you so much for wrote us your experience. It allow us to rectify as well as improve ourselves.

We are regret to heard that you and your family doesn't had an enjoyable stay with us and the standard of our hotel couldn't meet your expectation. Please accept our sincere apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We are well aware of the limited parking spaces in our hotel. However, we are giving complimentary on street parking for all our room guest which is also covered 24 hours from our security guard.

For the air conditioner noise and spa limited for men. Please rest assured that we will look into the problem and find out a better solution to solve it as soon as possible.

We hope you will regard the above as an exception rather than the norm. Regalodge Hotel has been operate for over 10 years. To meet our guest expectation, we are however constantly upgrade and improve our service and facilities years by years.

We look forward to the pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future, thereby allowing us the opportunity to deliver the quality service performance as you expected of Regalodge Hotel, Ipoh.

Once again, thank you for your valuable comment. We wishing you and your family Happy New Year 2010!