“First time to Ipoh”

Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Reviewed December 25, 2013

This hotel provide me an excellent service. For me the first impression from the hotel is very important for me. After i drive for almost 4 hours from KL, i arrived the hotel and a friendly Mr Hiew (Security) guided me for my parking. I did managed to have a short conversation with him which really give me a warm welcome. Besides that, he did well explained about the attraction around Ipoh city since this is the first time i been here. Mr Hiew seriously did his wonderful hospitality job. Well Done to him!. Front Desk provided me a very wonderful good service and spend a lot of time to explain the facility about their hotel to me although i did google it before arrive to Ipoh. Room wise was excellent! Mini Bar complimentary and the room design i was very happy with 3 stars ranking but the room gave me a WOW impression which i can rank it as 5 stars ranking. The housekeeping staff was friendly. Besides that, i would like to give compliment to your F&B staff number 20 because me and my partner went down for breakfast, he the only 1 staff who on duty (Direct Guest to table, Take Order, Deliver Meal, Serve Food & Beverage, Clean the plates and Set up the table). I was in the hospitality industry and i have a good impression towards him because he can really do his job with the smile always on his face. The negative part of this F&B outlet i would like to raise is the management or the manager of F&B do not have a proper staffing skills. I can't really figure out how you guys as the manager to allow 1 staff to do so many things during breakfast? I think so your leadership have problems and please improve yourself. I don't blame the staff but i will put the blame to the management team. Unwell planning = killing your own staff. Anyway as a conclusion of this hotel, EXCELLENT! and i will return to this hotel again in the future. Well Done!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IsaacWilson
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear IpohTrip,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

It is a magical day for us to receive such a magical new year review. We are delighted that we managed to meet and exceed your expectations during your stay with us.

We do try our best to provide our guests with warm and friendly hospitality services and facilities to the fullest. It is most rewarding to learn that we have hit the right notes and I will share your valuable comments with my team with much recognition to our Security Personnel Hiew and our waiter Joe who play pivotal role in making our 3 star property with 5 star services.

However it is with much regret that you found that our restaurant was under staff on that particular day during breakfast. After much finding, I found that one of the waiter was on medical leave on the very last minute. Please accept my sincere apologies on this matter.

We looking forward that you will stay with us again should you decide to make Ipoh your holiday destination choice. Thank you again for your wonderful review and wishing you and your family a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Reviewed December 24, 2013

One thing i used to love abt regalodge is the attentiveness of front desk. But my recent stay was very unpleasant with the poor attitude and communication of front desk personnel. Requested for early check-in through phone and I had to explain numerous times before he could understand. Room wifi didnt work and when I called to check the only answer given was 'not sure' and 'try walking here and there'.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear leepl2013,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you so much for your continuous support and appreciate your feedback.

First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies for the experience you had while staying with us. I will personally addressed your experiences to the Front Office Executive who review the Customer Service training program with her team.

Please be inform that, our standard check in time is 3pm local time. Early check in has to be depends on the room availability on the day itself and cannot be guarantee. We will try however, to arrange it for you. If there is no room available, you could store your luggage with us. I'm trully regret that our Front Office Assistant in touch with you at that time failed to inform you this.

We understand your perception about our services, we hope this one off experience would not deter you from staying with us again. We look forward to welcome you either business or leisure bring you back again and allow us to deliver the quality service performance as expected of Regalodge Hotel Ipoh.

Once again, we truly appreciate your feedback and wishing you and and your family a HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The renovation and furbishing of Regalodge are not new apparently, but the upkeep is extremely outstanding, the painstaking effort to maintain the high standard for such an old hotel, is the benchmark other old hotel operators hardly can catch up.

For just RM120 a day, Regalodge provides provisions like a 4 stars hotel: news papers, 2 bottles of mineral water, 1 can of coke and 100 plus each, even a packet of potato chips and a cup of instant noodles are provided. The shampoo and bath gel are with flip caps for easy dispensing.

Bar fridge and safe are provided. Shower is hot with strong water pressure. Bed n linens are old but very clean n comfortable, quilt instead of blanket is provided. Toilet, bath, window, doors, floor, walls, curtains etc, all are soooo clean !

The phone operator, front desk staff are so professional and friendly. The outstanding staff is the old Chinese uncle taking care of the car park, very friendly and tireless, he even went the extra miles to open the lobby door for guests.

And it is just 10 mins walk to the tim sum food street, it is in the town area but in a quiet corner beside a minor road.

The Best maintained hotel I have ever stayed ! My First choice hotel for my future visit in Ipoh!

Room Tip: High floor unblock facing.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear NanYang H,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

We are indeed thankful for your valuable and priceless compliments on our hotel and services. Glad to hear you had a great experience and most importantly my Team provided personal and instinctive services with warm recognition to our Security personnel Hiew.

We do try our very best to provide friendly efficient services at our property and the best reward for us is to receive a positive feedback from a satisfied and gratifying guest.

At Regalodge, we are always working on new ideas and changes to meet our guests expectation. Please be informed our Level 2 rooms are newly renovated and we have budgeted to renovate the rest of the floors very soon.

Once again, a BIG THANK YOU for making us your preferred choice of hotel to stay in Ipoh. Me and my team look forward to your return and wishing you and your family MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

This is our favourite hotel to stay in Ipoh. It is a walking distance to the hospital where my hubby works. Room is medium sized and nice. Love the food at the restaurant on the ground floor. The Chef takes care to prepare what you want, and the food is delicious.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yasminsanusi

Dear yasminsanusi,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you for choosing to stayed with us and making us as your favorable hotel to stay in Ipoh. We are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and delighted to learn that you enjoyed our delicious choices of breakfast served at The Limestone's Fine Dining Restaurant.

I've shared your compliment to our Head Chef Mahani. She is delighted on it and glad that she provided you a memorable dining experience.

Thank you once again! Me and my Team certainly look forward to welcoming you again and wishing you and your family a HAPPY AND PROPEROUS NEW YEAR!

Stanley yap

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Whenever my wife and I stopover in Ipoh we never fail to stay at the Regalodge. Apart from a clean room where all facilities work, this hotel offers a special rate for Malaysian government pensioners (except during school and public holidays). For a retiree like me this discount is very welcomed and appreciated. The hotel staff are warm and friendly.
The location is quite central and you can walk to a restaurant nearby.
One comment I have about the hotel is its slow WIFi. If your room is on an upper floor connection is extremely poor. Perhaps the hotel can install WiFi extenders.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a bathtub.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zainal A
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Dear janza2005,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh.

We are truly overwhelmed with such an appreciative and wonderful review. Thank you for returning to stayed with us and we are glad that your stay are as good as your previous stay except for the wifi speed.

Please accept my sincere apologies and I personally have taken note of it and kindly rest assured, we are in the process of upgrading the speed.

Me and my team were honored to have your presence and treasured your comments and we certainly look forward for your next visit and wishing you a HAPPY AND PROPEROUS NEW YEAR.

Best wishes,

Reviewed November 20, 2013

nice & cozy environment. service is good and worth every dollars . although its a 3 star, i think, but its a good hotel. very near to center of town. easy access. somehow its lack of parking facilities and a bit troublesome for family with large members to carry luggage. food and shopping places is very nearby.

Room Tip: get the front view room,
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank n_hisham1966
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear n_hisham1966,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh.

Thank you so much for your time writing us a review on Tripadvisor. We are delighted that you found our hotel, services and location to your utmost satisfaction. We do try our best to offer our quality services to our guests but when we received such appreciated response it can only motivate us to improve further.

We apologize for the inconvenience due to limited parking space in our premise. Our Security personal will assists our guests to park their vehicle on the street just outside our premise and we assured you our security is round the clock.

We treasured your comments and we certainly look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Regalodge Hotel, Ipoh

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Location of the hotel is near famous restaurants like dimsum, chicken rice.

Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are clean with snacks and can drink provided.

Comfortable is the word too. Breakfast is a must try. Delicious.

Definitely will not hesitate to recommend this hotel. Like !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank rachel_ose
holyadvisor, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear rachel_ose,

Warmest greeting from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh.

Thank you for your lovely review and glad about your stay with us.

We always work hard to ensure our friendly, efficiency services up to the marks as it is our principal that guests satisfaction is our priority. Likewise, we have received numerous good feedback from our valuable guests who would agree with you.

Delighted to learn that you enjoyed our delicious choices of breakfast served at The Limestone's Restaurant. Kindly assured I will shared your wonderful comments to the respective and I'm sure they will be delighted while hearing it.