“Great hotel, good price.”

Ranked #11 of 63 Hotels in Ipoh
Milan, Italy
“Great hotel, good price.”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Unfortunately I slept here for just one night. The hotel is pretty central, but we didn't want to visit Ipoh. Had to wake up early to visit the wonderful Cameron Highlands.
It's a beautiful structure from outside. The lobby was simple. The rooms not that big, but clean and nicely furnished. The toilette was very clean too. The lady at the reception was very friendly and helpful with her information.
I had a nice time in here. May be the best hotel in my Malaysia trip.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank realrv6
DixonChai, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear realrv6,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you very much for the compliment and shared us your experience.

Delighted to learn that you had a renewing stay with us. Most importantly is our services as well as the cleanliness in the room had met up to your expectations.

I hope you will had the chance to visit Ipoh again. Me and my teams look forward the opportunity to welcoming you at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh. Thank you and have a nice day!

Regalodge Hotel Ipoh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My friend and i are two late twenty-something american women that spent one night here while traveling through Malaysia in September. For the price, it was much nicer than we were expecting and the people that worked there were very pleasant and helpful securing a cab to the bus station for us on our way out of town. It appears to cater to the Asian businessman and provides HBO, complimentary snacks and waters and a morning paper delivered to your room. The rooms are clean, spacious enough and the water pressure/heat in the shower is fantastic - we had a two bed non-carpeted room on the third floor looking south across the city center. Also, the shower has a laundry line that can be of great use to a backpacker looking to launder a few things.

Breakfast was included (we booked through booking.com, no idea if its always included) and consisted of healthy options and real coffee (not that nescafe nonsense). Although the menu is comically labled (sean connery famous wakeup call, princess andromeda atlantic wishes, etc) it represents a culturally diverse menu that tasted quite good. Particularly good was some javanese currry and my friend loved the tang-like orange juice.

There was also a spa, but we did not venture onto that level.

Drawbacks included hard beds...but in 18 days at high-end and low-end alike we did not sleep on a soft bed in this country...and spotty wi-fi in the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank kissthefr0g
Dear kissthefr0g,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you very much for wrote us a feedback at Tripadvisor to shared us your experience.

Is a great honor to knew that you are pleased on the experience at our restaurant, The Limestone's Fine Dining. Kindly rest assured, I will shared your compliment to the department concerned, and i'm sure they will ecstatic when it delivered to them.

Our pleasure to have you stay with us again. Me and my teams look forward the opportunity to welcoming you at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, whenever leisure or business bring you back to Ipoh again!

Kajang, Malaysia
Reviewed September 11, 2012

For an overnight weekend getaway with my spouse and 5 year-old in Ipoh, I chose the hotel solely based on the overwhelming good reviews in tripadvisor. At first we couldn't find the hotel even after we entered its address into the GPS, and the design of the hotel sign was obscured from afar. The building itself was dwarfed by a bigger and taller hotel nearby. It would've been better to print out the map and instruction for direction to the hotel from its website instead.

The hotel building and design generally was unassuming but clean. That includes our room which felt quite small for the three of us although it was a deluxe room. However what they lack in space and fancy decor, they made it up in other aspects of service. In particular, the hotel was big in giving out various little complimentaries to make the guests feel homey, e.g. in the room itself there was a big screen tv with plenty of channels to watch from, complimentary newspaper, free wifi access, couple of soft drinks and snack in the mini fridge aside from the usual bottled water. Although it was not buffet style, the hotel restaurant still spoiled us with plenty of choices to choose from for breakfast (the breakfast itself was an add-on).. and the amount too! I believe it was the best breakfast we had ever had in any hotels by far.

The staff we met there was exceptional. From the staff at front desk, to the restaurant and housekeeping, their friendliness, courteous greet and smile felt warm, and sincere; not mechanic and cold as what we usually faced at some big hotels. It reminds me of a metaphor of so-called 'authentic' nasi lemak cuisine at fancy high-end restaurant that does not even comparable to the same food that one could get from a food stall on a road side!
Overall, I'd recommend the hotel to anyone who's in Ipoh looking for an affordable home away from home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank yaoungi
Dear yaoungi,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you very much for your compliment and shared us your experience.

Regret that you had a hard time to find our location. Kindly rest assured, we had already sucessfully applied the road sign and installed somewhere nearby. Location map with directions are in the progress to design, they will be available to download from our website soon.

Afterall, I'm delighted to learn that you had a renewing stay with us. Most importantly is our services as well as the cleanliness in the room had met up to your expectations. Kindly rest assured, I will definitely shared your compliment to the department concerned, and i'm sure they will ecstatic when it delivered to them.

Our pleasure to have you stay with us again. We look forward the opportunity to welcoming you at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, whenever leisure or business bring you back to Ipoh again!

Malaysia
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My second stay at Regalodge hotel. Very comfortable and there is no complaint generally.

The restaurant is great! The food serve in breakfast is excellence and customize base of each guest preferences. Unlike ussual buffet breakfast in a standard manner. Especially the food in dinner, we ordered a 3 course set, which are extraordinary and with the price just Rm80! I swear, you can't have it elsewhere!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear seo_corp,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Thank you very much for your compliment and shared us your experience.

Delighted to learn that you had a renewing stay with us. Most importantly is to knew that you are pleased on the experience at our restaurant, The Limestone's Fine Dining. Kindly rest assured, I will shared your compliment to the department concerned, and i'm sure they will ecstatic when it delivered to them.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel with my elderly parents, my mum's helper and my partner. The rooms are small so with the extra bed, there's almost no room to move around.

Rooms are clean and there's free wifi so that's a plus point. Within walking distance are eateries that open in the day.

There's a can of coke, 100 plus and a small bag of potato chips in the fridge. There's also a cup noodle and instant coffee/tea which are all free. If you hanker for something in the middle of the night, there's always the convenience store about five minutes walk away (next to excelsior hotel).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank kittyseng
DixonChai, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear kittyseng,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Elated to hear from you and thank you for sharing us your experience at Tripadvisor.

Delighted to learn that you and your family had a renewing stay with us. To enjoy more spaces, I would like to recommend you for your next visit to stay on either Deluxe Room, Executive Suite, Regal Suite or even our Regal Family Suite setup with 02 queen sized beds.

Best Regards,

Malaysia
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My family & I stayed for 3D2N in a Deluxe Room. The hotel is near enough to the town centre but away from the noise & traffic. The Ipoh Parade is also nearby. Checking in was quick & was told that the snacks in the mini-fridge is complimentary. The room came with a complimentary breakfast, but we did not eat-in as we wanted to try out all those tasty food & Ipoh is famous for. Our request for extra blanket and pillow was delivered to our room instantly. The doorman is very helpful in showing us where to park and as it was raining on our arrival, he kept us dry when we got down from our car by shielding us with umbrellas.

Room Tip: Although parking spaces is limited within the hotel's compound, you can still park outside the h...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Renaoh
Dear Renaoh,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

Delighted to learn that you and your family had a renewing stay with us. We look forward the opportunity to welcoming you back at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, either business or leisure bring you back to Ipoh again. Thank you and have a pleasant day!

Best Regards,

Kajang
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed here for one night with my colleague on 17th June 2012 to attend a meeting in Ipoh. I have read the reviews of this hotel and decided to try it myself even though my friends have suggested to me to go to to the Riverfront Hotel as it is nearer to the meeting venue. I am glad that I insisted to stay in RegaLodge as I had a great experience staying here as it is quite different than other hotels that I have stayed in (a few of "first time" experiences). The check in and check out process was smooth and the staff were very helpful. After checking in, we asked the staff at the reception the direction to the new Mydin mall. He was very helpful in providing us the Ipoh map with a very clear direction, and even suggested to go to other places. The room is a bit small, but it is comfortable. When we were checking in, the staff told us that the items in the rooms (1 Maggi mee cup, 2 cans of soda and 1 packet of potato chip) are free of charge! This is definitely the first time I have experienced that items in the fridge and room are for free. My second first-time experience was during breakfast. I was quite disappointed when I didn't see any buffet spread when I came down to the cafe. I thought there was another cafe, but I was actually at THE cafe. A waiter came to our table to take our orders. When reading through the menu, I was quite surprise at the choices for breakfast. They had this menu of Western (which you can choose one only), and another menu where you can choose up to three (the normal continental breakfast). I just wished we had more people in our team as we could try more options. My colleague had the three-item breakfast (egg, salad and I don't remember another one) while I had this chicken omelette (don't remember the name). Besides that, you can have unlimited supply of bread and drinks. Evevn though there was no buffet spread, I was quite happy with the breakfast menu because it was very personalised and it did feel like home (it really tasted home cooked - very yummy). What I don't really like about the hotel is about the limited parking spaces, but I totally LOVE the other aspects about the hotel. Definitely will stay here again :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Hasreena
DixonChai, Manager at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Dear Sayrayne,

Warm greetings from Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!

First of foremost, thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your wonderful experience here. Delighted to learn that you had a great experience through out your stay. Most importantly our services and facilities had met up to your expectations.

My honoured to have know that our staffs are helpful and capable to direct you the place you would like to go. Is my pleasure to share your compliment to the respective department, and i'm sure they will be very happy to heard that from you.

However, i'm regret to learn that we did not notify you as our breakfast is not buffet. Fortunately, you are satisfy on our breakfast. Anyhow, please accept my sincere apologize for the inconvenience that may caused to you.

Once again thank you! Me and my teams look forward the opportunity to welcoming you at Regalodge Hotel Ipoh!