Impiana Hotel Ipoh
Symphony Suites Hotel(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$40
$39
M Boutique Hotel, Ipoh(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$46
$40
  • Breakfast included
Ipoh French Hotel(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$32
$24
Priceline
Regalodge Hotel Ipoh(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$31
Trip.com
$28
$24
Priceline
Hotel Station 18(Ipoh)(Great Value!)
$15
$283
$225
$153
Agoda.com
All reviewscucur udangroom was spaciouswater pressurefront officeone night staystrategic locationpleasant stayipoh townenvironmentmalaysia
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Spent Eidul Fitri with the family over the years, and thought with the recent upgrading the quality was going to be better. Boy WAS I WRONG!! Where shall I start? The rooms that were supposedly upgraded had only a new coat of paint while everything else was the same (even the TV was a poor excuse). Channels (that previously included satelite TV) were now only the free to air ones, and to top it off their booster was busted so everything was a blur!
What next? Bulbs were fused and then the request for an additional bed (which I made when we 1st checked in) was not delivered - in spite of calling 6 times! Only after the 6th plea did the housekeeping people send it over.
Food - another sad state of affairs. The buffet was a poor excuse, since the spread was a mere 6 dishes and some barbequed items (read : satay, cold grilled fish and lamb).
I am really dissapointed with the hotel, and am sad given we had up to this point, experienced if nothing else, a fair hotel. I put up with the high prices given the fact that it was marginally better distance-wise to where my relatives stay, but enough is enough. I really would urge others to consider other hotels that are newer, coz this place will probably need to be razed to the ground before it comes close to where it was years ago. Really, keep your money and stay somewhere else

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mountain2005
Reviewed August 21, 2010

The Impiana Hotel Ipoh is standard business hotel which probably was on top level several decades ago. Neither the hotel design nor the technical equipment is up to date. However it is difficult to find something better in Ipoh. The restaurant has a nice breakfast buffet as well as buffet for dinner or ala card menu. The mini-bar in our room was completely empty. Also we got a non-smoking room the room smelled as it was a smoking room for several years. However the service was excellent. Altogether with lack of alternatives the Impiana hotel Ipoh can be recommended when a stay in Ipoh is necessary.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 23, 2010

We stayed in this hotel 2 nites & bought the package[RM375] from hotel , that included the tickets of Lost of World. This hotel staffs were helpful ,courteous & friendly.The morning & dinner buffet were cheap & with good qualiity .Refer the room , the facilities was acceptable but we have found 2 cockroaches . One of electric plug were broken .
One bed lamp was installed electric bulb [tungsten wire type ]. I think the hotel management should pay more attention on the maintenance .

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2010

This is the average chain-type hotel which does not elicit much reaction from their guests (aside from "meh"). I have nothing to complain about but nothing really impressed me either. if youre just looking to stay the night then the hotel is fine.

Looking for some charm and personality? Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2010

I was totally shocked by the condition of the room. The moment I opened the door, I could smell a really bad musty stench. In front of me was a wall with really horrible brownish-stain, peeling paints and is mouldy. Looking at it almost made me feel nauseous. The room feels dirty and the furniture was old.

I booked this hotel after reading the reviews on trip advisor and I also saw on their website that stated that they are a hotel with 4-star rating and ALL the rooms are equipped with modern facilities. I felt scammed. Even my travelling partner who is the easiest traveller in the world was unable to accept the state of the room.

I went back to the reception to ask for a room change and told them that the room was really dirty and old and the hotel staff actually claimed that the room has been refurbished. It was unbelievable. After some haggling (they claimed that the room has been refurnished and they are fully booked), they finally changed my room. The second room was slightly better than the first; at least this room was given a new coat of paint and no mouldy wall in sight. However, the furniture was equally old and dated, like it has been around for 20-30years. The toilet was gross as well. It was not properly cleaned. I could see soap scum on the wall, not sure how long it has been left there. The toilet flush cannot work properly, toilet tap was kind of rusty and the towel has yellow stain on it. It was just terrible.
I was really disappointed with Impiana. I have stayed at their hotel in Kuala Lumpur and had good impression. Totally did not expect the awful state of the room. I wished I have taken some pictures as evidence. It was probably the worst hotel I have ever come across. It utterly dampened my trip. Thankfully, it was for only one night. I couldn’t wait to check out the next day. This hotel is TERRIBLE, don't ever stay here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends